PDA

View Full Version : Call for Nominations: RMRC Board

larryl
03/01/2007, 08:45 PM
We're putting out a call for nominations for the upcoming RMRC Board election. If you or someone you know would like the chance to make a difference in how our club is run, nominate them for one of the four RMRC Board positions (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary).

We're very sorry to see the departure of our current Vice President, Joe Allred, due to job relocation. Rather than search for and appoint an interim replacement to serve only until the August 2007 election, we've decided to move the election up into March.

Nominations will be open from March 1 through March 15, 2007, and voting will take place between March 18th and March 24th. New board members will take office effective April 1, 2007.

We've created a thread on www.rmrc.info for posting nominations. You can either post a nomination to that thread, or email board@rmrc.info with your nomination and it will be posted anonymously. Please see www.rmrc.info (http://www.rmrc.info/) for more instructions on posting nominations there.

Clown-N-Around
03/03/2007, 10:47 PM
If you are interested in volunteering for a board position or would like to offer your help in any other way, email board@rmrc.info.

Please remember that only Premium Members can hold board positions or vote in the election. If you want to receive the email ballot to be emailed to Premium Members on March 18, please join as a premium member here (http://www.rmrc.info/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=48) by March 17.

VikeBron
03/07/2007, 06:37 PM
Christina,
Can you call me when you get a chance.
Thanks
970-227-8239

Clown-N-Around
03/07/2007, 07:46 PM
Nice talking to you, Steve :)

VikeBron
03/07/2007, 08:37 PM
Likewise. I will have the post done shortly.

waynesworld
03/11/2007, 12:31 AM
I have a question about the way the chapters are set up, is this one club? When I read the post sometimes it looks like you have two groups that make up one club but other times it looks like it is two different clubs going there own way. How is the leadership made up is the officers of the two chapters the BOD for the club or are there three different sets of officers? The other question is how is the club supported? I know you had a speaker recreantly that I would have liked to come to but was not there at that time but who pays for that? Sorry for these questions as I was wondering it before the elections.

Clown-N-Around
03/11/2007, 12:32 PM
Here is a link to the RMRC bylaws:
http://www.rmrc.info/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=49

The RMRC is comprised of a main board and the chapters. This allows the main board to focus on putting together the larger events, but still allows members to get together at each other's homes on a more casual basis. The chapters focus on these home meetings in the local areas. Currently there is one official chapter: NCAS serving Northern Colorado.

All funds collected at chapter meetings and RMRC meetings are placed in a joint account, so there is one set of books for the entire club. Since expenses for chapter events are very low, almost all of the money collected goes to the larger speaker-type events.

The RMRC board is made up of:
- the four elected RMRC officials: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer
- a voting seat for an ex-officio (if the past president or substitute from the previous board wishes to continue to participate) and
- one voting seat for each chapter (usually the chapter president, but can be filled by another chapter board member or designee).

Chapters also have their own board to make chapter level decisions and plan the local meetings. A chapter must have at least two chapter officials, but NCAS has chosen to have the standard four board positions.

All decisions affecting the main club are voted on by the RMRC board, which, as stated previously, includes a vote from a representative of each chapter.

Hope that clarifies instead of muddying the waters further :)

Clown-N-Around
03/13/2007, 01:56 PM
Nominations/Volunteers can be submitted through Thursday March 15.

Premium Members of the Rocky Mountain Reef Club (rmrc.info) will receive ballots by email on March 18. These must be returned by March 24.

Please don't forget to sign up for Premium Membership (http://www.rmrc.info/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=48 ) by March 17 if you wish to run for a position or vote in the elections.

Clown-N-Around
03/15/2007, 01:11 PM
PS - if you would like to volunteer to help but don't feel like running in the elections, the new board will also need help in other areas such as on the newsletter or membership comittees.

Email board@rmrc.info if you would like to be involved.

Clown-N-Around
03/16/2007, 10:26 AM
Final RMRC Board Nominees:
Christina – Clown-n-around - President
Larry – LarryL – Vice-President
Matt – MateoLopez - Treasurer
Mike – miwoodar – Secretary
Steve - VikeBron - Secretary

Ballots will go out probably Monday morning the 19th to all Premium Members. You still have a couple days to join (noon on the 18th or so) if you would like to vote.

Also, if you would like to be available as a volunteer to help the board on an as-needed basis. Just let us know, we would be happy to get you more involved in the club :)

larryl
03/19/2007, 05:46 PM
Final RMRC Board Nominees:
Christina – Clown-n-around - President
Mike – miwoodar – Secretary

Email ballots with the above nominees were sent out to all Premium Members. If you did not receive a ballot, please email info@rmrc.info and let us know.

Please reply to the email ballot and indicate your choices, in particular your choice for the Secretary position.

Thanks!
Larry

bmwardo
03/19/2007, 07:48 PM
Hey Larry, I didn't receive a ballot so I sent you an email. Thanks

larryl
03/20/2007, 11:16 AM
Email ballots with the above nominees were sent out to all Premium Members. If you did not receive a ballot, please email info@rmrc.info and let us know.

Please reply to the email ballot and indicate your choices, in particular your choice for the Secretary position.

When replying to the email ballot, please indicate your choice for club Secretary. Only one person can fill that position.

Remember, ballots must be returned by Saturday March 24.

Clown-N-Around
03/26/2007, 05:12 PM
RMRC Board Members Beginning April 1:
Christina – Clown-N-Around - President

Thank you to everyone who nominated, ran or voted in the election. Your participation makes us a better club :)

bmwardo
03/26/2007, 06:13 PM
Congrats all!

adams0816
03/27/2007, 10:28 PM
congrats everybody!!:)

waynesworld
03/27/2007, 10:48 PM
I want the first pics of Steve in a dress. Dress codes for secretaries.:D

VikeBron
03/27/2007, 10:48 PM
Not a chance little bro':)