PDA

View Full Version : Home Made 2 part...

myakkareef
02/26/2007, 04:34 PM
I know that some of you have made your own 2 part solutions.
I found this site that is very helpful on gathering up the ingrediants and instructions...
twopartsolutions (http://www.twopartsolution.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5)

Ah64av8tor
02/26/2007, 06:47 PM
I have the same deal right here, no shipping.

8 gallons for $8 you cant beat that!

I have about 6 8 gal batches bagged up and ready to go if anyone wants some.

myakkareef
02/26/2007, 08:44 PM
Greg, I had orderd a small 2 gal batch when I found this. Did not realize you bought a boat load...By the way everything we got from you the other night is great. Thanks for the frags...I ordered a Mag test kit to see where I am. Someone suggested I test it for a possible of my not being able to keep SPS.. They also suggested I cut back to only dosing kalk for a few hours a night and maintain water changes, so I am going to give it a try.
Really can not hurt anything...

Ah64av8tor
02/26/2007, 10:12 PM
Try to balance your freshly made water to your tanks Ca Alk and Mg levels this will help keep it stable.

I don't see any thing wrong with Kalk 24/7, I would like to know what it has maintained the levels at.

The Mg is important in the uptake of Ca for calcification in stonies and coraline and they say the Ca wont precipitate at high levels with high Mg (good for pumps)

myakkareef
02/27/2007, 08:08 AM
I will not mention the source on the kalk, I know that for my tank it helps maintain PH pretty consistant. It has also maintained Calcium, but my only real calcium demand comes from the large clam growth, and the Coraline. Maybe a small amount for LPS growth. I do not do anything to my makeup water, I am a really poor chemist and very color blind so alot of test kits are horrible for me to read and work. I know they seem simple but, really for a color blind person they are horrible...