PDA

View Full Version : I hope someone can help me...

mccarty30
02/24/2007, 03:07 AM
Got 4 false percula clowns 3 days ago they were doing ok. Just not eating very well. Trying different foods to find out what they like.
Anyways When i woke up yesterday morning i saw this on one....
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/mccarty30/100_1954.jpg
Well i of course rush to LFS to find no one who has a idea of what this could be. And no advice on how to treat the other clowns so they dont die. Got home and the one with the red spot DEAD!

Any idea what it could be?
Or
What can i do and use to treat this.

If there is a medicine i will order it overnighted to me so i can take care of the little guys.

Thanks in advance!

xxseawolf
02/24/2007, 09:29 AM
how long has your tank been running and is there anything else in the thank?

hansonfam
02/24/2007, 10:33 AM
We'll that little one has fin rot and looks to me to be a bacterial infection with the red spot. I would try treating with maracyn. Not sure which one but go to liveaquaria and look for the maracyn products. I know you can mix there products together as we'll to treat numerous things. I am not the best for this as i have had rarely had to deal with this(knock on wood..lol)
But i did have one with fin rot and used maracyn.

Do though post your water params as this could be a result of something wonky in the water.:)

Good luck and keep us posted

Lisa

Slakker
02/24/2007, 12:03 PM
Could also have something to do with the fact that you have four clowns in one tank.

GSMguy
02/24/2007, 12:08 PM
what is on the sand that is the same color as the spot on the clown is that food?

mccarty30
02/24/2007, 01:28 PM
On the sand its sand with red specks in it.

The fish are in a quarantine tank alone.

8.4 ph
ammonia 0
Nitrate no2 0
Nitrate no3 0

xxseawolf
02/24/2007, 01:35 PM
i have heard that product called melifix(not sure if spelled right). it is all natural and i know of a LPS that uses it on show size angels if needed.

GSMguy
02/24/2007, 01:40 PM
so you have 3 left right ?
are they sick dont do they have pink spots
where did the sand with the pink stuff come from is it safe for fish what is the pink stuff

mccarty30
02/24/2007, 02:05 PM
got if from local fish store. the other three dont look sick no spots.
I dont know it was sold to me like that they said it was the same as the other it just has some color to it.

GSMguy
02/24/2007, 02:14 PM
well it could have been something that the fish brought with it that killed it
i would watch them closely

xxseawolf
02/24/2007, 02:48 PM
what guarantee do you have with your fish? my LFS gives me 2 weeks(they quarantine their fish 2 weeks before resale). if was only 3 days i would think at the worst case scenerio you would get a store credit.

TOURKID
02/24/2007, 04:32 PM
theres maracyn and maracyn 2. i just had to pick up maracyn2 today. theres freshwater kinds and saltwater...

maracyn 2 treats finrot, popeye, bateria.. maracyn treats fungas

u should definately treat them with one of the two. whitchever matches your issue more closely.

if u decide to use maracyn2.. double the dose. in a qt tank.. if its ten gallons use 2 tabs the first day and 1 tab a day for 5 days after that. its a fantastic medication..

my anthias have ick, and now the male has popeye.... :(

mccarty30
02/25/2007, 01:56 PM
Yes they gave me two weeks on the fish so they will give me credit for it. The others seem to be doing great. Not eating to much yet but a little nibble here and there. They said their appetite will grow as they get more use to their surroundings. I did have four and it was because i am setting up a second tank soi was going to seperate them into two pairs. I'm going to go ahead with the Maracyn2 2 to be safe with the others.

Thanks everyone!

mccarty30
02/25/2007, 01:59 PM
After these guys settle in a few weeks i want to add another fish thats compatable.

Any recommendations?

Was thinking about a wrasse or a goby. Not sure how they do together.