PDA

View Full Version : WTB Stichodactyla Helianthus (common name Atlantic Carpet Anemone)

joegeologist
02/22/2007, 10:03 PM
I would like to buy a Stichodactyla Helianthus (common name: Atlantic Carpet Anemone) from the Caribbean. I am including a link here of an online picture: http://today.uci.edu/news/images/chandy_sea_anemone_head.jpg
Its a good picture, but bigger than 50 k so I am only including the link. Hopefully all you have to do is click on it. If that doesn't work, cut and paste the link into your browser.

In the event that you are not certain about the specie of yours, I am told that the only Stichodactyla in the Caribbean is the Helianthus. They are not very attractive, no fluorescent blues and greens, just browns, tans and light yellowish greens. They do have the same "sticky" surface as the expensive blue and green stichodactyla from the IndoPacific. They are commonly about 4 or 5 inches in diameter and may get up to 10 inches in large specimens.

Anybody got one (or more) they want to sell? PM me.

joegeologist

Clown-N-Around
02/23/2007, 01:00 AM
I don't have one, but just wondering why you are interested in that particular species.

joegeologist
02/24/2007, 12:56 AM
PM sent

joegeologist

68RUSTANG
02/24/2007, 10:12 AM
I was in Key's yesterday when someone was inquiring about a certain Anemone. They were going to special order it for the customer. Basically, you would wait until it came in with the weekly shipment and not pay any shipping costs. This could be a good way to support the local stores. The customer was extremely pleased with this service.

Thanks,
Tony

joegeologist
02/24/2007, 10:30 AM
That was me, and yes I am very pleased with the cooperation at Keys! Tom was very generous with his time.

Joe