PDA

View Full Version : Pairing Question

b.branscombe
02/22/2007, 08:38 PM
So one of my True Percs bit the dust due to what I believe to be an infection of some sort. He was in pretty rough shape when I got him, but I wished I could have done more. I have another Perc in the tank who's doing amazingly. He's really active, and eats a lot at feeding time. I'm wondering what's the best way to go about getting him a partner. I assume it's still a juvi. It only has two stripes so far, so I imagine it's still an immature male.

What's the best way to go about this? Should I get another and add it to the tank, or should I wait for the clown to become more mature and change sex then add a small juvinille?

redvipe2010
02/23/2007, 01:51 PM
How long since the other bit the dust? You may want to wait until you know for sure the other wasn't infected. How large is the one you have?

b.branscombe
02/23/2007, 03:10 PM
I last saw the clown two days ago. I'm really surprised it got infected, it was tank raised. Must have been in with the WC ones or something. The one I have now is about an inch long. It still hasn't developed the stripe on its tail, which I am told will come with age.

GSMguy
02/23/2007, 03:11 PM
i would wait and see how the other fish in the tank do before you add any

b.branscombe
02/23/2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I have no problem waiting. Should I wait until the remaining one becomes female before adding another juvi? How long should that take approximately? Are percs mellow enough that this should go smoothly?

GSMguy
02/23/2007, 10:29 PM
the remaining one turning to female is not for sure it could happen quickly and could be longer than 6 months were not quite sure what makes them change

b.branscombe
02/23/2007, 11:47 PM
I'll probably just wait until it's significantly larger than it is now so that there hopefully won't be any dominance issues.

GSMguy
02/23/2007, 11:56 PM
that would be a good plan