PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Seriatopora Pics Here!!

kozmo02
08/07/2002, 02:07 AM
i would like to see your pink seriatopora, or any color morph for that matter, post what you have!

pi
08/07/2002, 09:09 AM
Here is a link to mine. This one came back form the dead! Halfway during a tank move, my wife went into labor. I consolidated a lot of my sps into one 5 gallon bucket with a powerhead and heater. Unknown to me was a small xenia colony on a piece of LR. It died, fouled the water and killed everything except this one colony.

http://www.palmettoreefs.com/gallery/paul/Birdsnest.htm

6-line
08/07/2002, 09:30 AM
Here's mine. I just posted it a few days ago, perhaps I can just post the pic link. It's getting run over by some grape caulerpa so I have to do some trimming. Love this coral and it's unique growth capabilities/form and how the polyps line up and down the lengths of the branches....

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=708038

6-line
08/07/2002, 09:33 AM
Paul, that sure is a hot pink...what lighting is it under? The title of the pic said VHO lit...mine has pink highlights like that, but only on the inner branches and on the outer they darken somewhat..

pi
08/07/2002, 09:40 AM
It is in a 120 gallon VHO (6 bulbs) lit tank. The coral sits about 1/3 the way down. It is a beautiful colony and is extremely hardy.

Paul

kozmo02
08/07/2002, 12:23 PM
paul would you ever be interested in fragging and selling a piece of that for me?

pi
08/07/2002, 12:40 PM
Sure! Actually, I carelessly break pieces off occasionally when completing tank maintenance. Do you have anything to trade?

dadevil23335
08/07/2002, 10:10 PM
Paul, do they ship well? I want a frag too, that's a sweet looking coral. Let me know the details for shipping to Southern California

Rock Anemone
08/07/2002, 10:25 PM
Me too... :)

Macimage
08/07/2002, 10:32 PM
Paul,

I also would like to get a frag of your coral; it's just beautiful.

dadevil-Do you want to split the shipping cost?? I'm in Antelope Valley and travel through the San Fernando Valley and Marina Del Rey areas about one a week.

Joyce

dadevil23335
08/07/2002, 10:37 PM
Joyce, I'm not sure if you remember me but I picked up some bags of southdown from you a year or so again to fill in my 240 gal. Anyways, I'll split the cost with you, i know you go down to jeff's quite a bit too.

Okay Paul pressures on buddy, hook us up!:D

Lyndel

Project Reef
08/07/2002, 11:18 PM
Paul, Awesome coral, joyce, lyndel (dadevil) and I can all split shipping costs.

How much do you want per frag?

LOL Paul...I don't think you realize what you got yourself into!

Rock Anemone
08/07/2002, 11:23 PM
I am also interested in a frag of your purple tip acro... :)

Wilafur
08/08/2002, 12:41 AM
joyce, lyndel an ali, count me in as number four if paul is willing to ship 4 frags out to us.

kozmo02
08/08/2002, 01:09 AM
i noticed i was left out of this entire loop even though i was the first person to ask for a frag.....weird.....

Rock Anemone
08/08/2002, 01:35 AM
Paul, I live in The San Diego County area of California. I would be highly interested in a frag of your gorgeouse pink birdsnest and a frag of your very lovely purple tip acro.

Let me know on how big you are willing to make a frag and what deals you can give me... :)

I am perfectly fine with you not wnated to frag such a beautiful coral. :)

I am redoing the tank tommorow and will make some coral placements. :)

Thank!
Rock Anemone

Project Reef
08/08/2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Rock Anemone

I am redoing the tank tommorow and will make some coral placements. :)

Thank!
Rock Anemone

LOL! Dude, you redo your tank more than Joan Rivers redo's her face.

Everyother week I see a post on you redoing your tank.

That's cool though, it's pretty fun.

Rock Anemone
08/08/2002, 01:52 AM
You love it when you first re-do it but, then after a couple days it's like arg..... lol.... I will keep it this time.... :)

Rock Anemone

dadevil23335
08/08/2002, 02:26 AM
Hey Rock, don't pay too much attention to Reef Project, he re-arranges his tank quite often too. Everytime I come by his pad, it's been re-arranged....but it looks pretty damn sweet though. Freakin' ricordea and blasto museum his got goin'

Kozmo, sorry bro, if only you were in socal we can help you out with the shipping fee also. We probably scared Paul off that he'll probably end up hooking you up.;)

Wilafur
08/08/2002, 02:36 AM
lyndel & ali,

how are the frags doing?

dadevil23335
08/08/2002, 02:43 AM
doin' great wilbur, that purple gorgonia's polyps came out immediately. The acros took awhile to come out...but it's coming along. I still have them towards the bottom of the tank to acclimate for a few more days and then i'll work them up. Thanks again for the frags.

How's your fungia, is it adjusting okay?

Project Reef
08/08/2002, 02:46 AM
Wilbur..lol..sorry man...I put that gorg frag in there..and Boom - it disapeared. Never to be seen again. It's probably somewhere behind the rocks. But since there is a lot of open space under the rock work, it's probably safe since it's non-photosynthetic.

Lyndel's frag is doing pretty good from what he told me last night. Said it's all polyped out and nice looking.

Wilafur
08/08/2002, 02:52 AM
the fungia seems pretty happy, its tentacles are waving with the current.

glad to hear that all the frags are doing well.

ali, find the gorg. why have a nice looking gorg if it is hidden away ion the corner of the tank under layers of rock? haha

Old Yeller Tang
08/08/2002, 03:22 AM
Add me in with the SoCal shipment, if there is anything left to frag.;)

pi
08/08/2002, 09:21 AM
Wow! Next time I offer frags, I am going to do it via private mail:) ... Unfortunately, the colony is not that big but I will take a close look at it tonite and see what I can do. I am a huge advocate of sharing so I do not consider it a problem.

Kozmo get first dibs since he was the first to ask.

Anyone have anything to trade?

Paul

Macimage
08/08/2002, 10:50 AM
Lyndel-I remember meeting you; sounds like your tank is doing well.

L.A. Reefers-I'll be glad to coordinate the Los Angeles area shipment. I am home all day and my UPS and FedEx delivery drivers are both great, assuming that the package does not get messed up somewhere along the line. I would suggest that we each send Paul the money for our frag, plus maybe $10 each for the shipping. This should be a little extra shipping money, but after he ships the box he can refund any difference to me and I will pass in on to you all when I give you the frag.

Joyce

pi
08/08/2002, 11:46 AM
Thanks Joyce! Thanks for stepping up. (Kozmo, you close to her?)

I know I have frags of the purple tip. Nice 2 - 3 inch frags (it fell and broke a few branches). Couple of things. 1) they are not mounted 2) I only have one box so everyone needs to work with/through Joyce 3) As I said the birds nest if a bit iffy until tonite when I get home.

Lets say $10/frag? Or trades which is what I prefer.

Paul

Rock Anemone
08/08/2002, 11:53 AM
I would be happy to conclude my own shipment since I am kinda' in the outscirts of San Diego County.

How about ten dollars for the acro frag and 7 bucks for the birdsnest! :)

Also, wouldn't shipping only be 5 bucks for this?

Thanks!
Rock Anemone

kozmo02
08/08/2002, 12:15 PM
well i will just have to find some elsewhere, im in central california, and u guys are all in southern california, and you have everything already worked out so i will buy my own somewhere else.

Wilafur
08/08/2002, 01:00 PM
paul,

the price is fair. let us socal'ers know when and how you would like us to send you the $$.

thanks for taking the initiative joyce. i am also home most days, maybe i can come by and check out your new tank next week?

Wilbur

JellyTheory
08/08/2002, 01:04 PM
Hey Paul,

Do you think you can get an extra frag off of both your corals for me? I would like to jump in on this with all of the other So Cal Reefers. :) Joyce, is that ok? ...It will make shipping costs even less for all involved. :)

-Chris

Macimage
08/08/2002, 01:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have started a list in the order of posting or private messaging to me, of the S. Calif. reefers that want a frag of both or one of Paul's corals. I have no problem including everyone, however, this shipment depends on how many frags Paul can do at this time. As soon as he lets us know, we firm up who is in this shipment and the payment method.

I think sending them FedEx by 10:30 am next day shipping would be the best.

Anyone that doesn't get a frag this time around, hopefully, will be able to get frags from the corals that arrive in this shipment. I know I owe several reefers!!!

Wilbur-I would love for you to come visit and see my tanks. I'll e-mail the directions and my phone numbers to you!!

Joyce

Macimage
08/08/2002, 02:50 PM
OK everyone, here is the order that everyone posted (the private messages were all sent after you all posted-I checked the times & dates on both):

Also, Kozmo02 (Fresno) and Rock Anenome (San Diego) you are both welcome to participate if you can find a way to pick it up from S. Calif. Kozmo02 you would be #1 on the list and Rock you would be #3 in this list.

1. dadevil2335 (seriatopora & purple tipped acro)
2. Macimage (seriatopora & purple tipped acro)
3. Project Reef (seriatopora)
4. Emperator (seriatopora & purple tipped acro)
5. Old Yeller Tang (seriatopora & purple tipped acro)
6. Jelly Theory (seriatopora & purple tipped acro)

I am not sure which corals everyone wants, so please post any changes and I will edit the list.

Joyce

Niven
08/08/2002, 03:35 PM
So you wanted to see pictures?????

Here's mine :)
It's about 7" across and the oldest pic I have is from March 2001 so it's at least that old.

Project Reef
08/08/2002, 04:11 PM
I just want a frag of the cool pink one.

Paul, let us know what the maximum number of frags you can make out of the seriatopora. Shipping should be approximatley 40 dollars for overnight. This way we can determine approximatley how much each person needs to cough up.

Do you accept Paypal?

kozmo02
08/08/2002, 11:10 PM
i will just have to buy some somewhere else, even though i started this thread, you guys found it necessary to take it over and figure things out for yourselves and start dictating who gets what, and acting somewhat greedy, which is pretty sad. i will find some locally and that will be the end of it, because obviously i cant just pick up and come to LA for a frag. Thanks anyways Paul, that is a very nice coral, its too bad I can't get a piece, oh well, its not too hard to find.

Rock Anemone
08/08/2002, 11:21 PM
Kozmo, I would like for you to have my frag. :)

Rock Anemone
P.S. Sorry for ruining your thread... :(

MtnDewMan
08/08/2002, 11:27 PM
Here's Mine ... about softball sized.

http://www.fitermania.com/75gallonreef/images/birds_nest_goby_4-30-02.jpg

Macimage
08/08/2002, 11:28 PM
Kozmo02,

There is absolutely no reason that you can not have Paul ship a frag to you in Fresno. It was previously posted in this thread that you were the first to request it and should receive one, regardless of how you worked out the shipping with Paul. Additionally, you were invited to participate in the S. Calif. purchase, if possible, so that you could save substantially on the shipping costs.

I don't see what the bad attitude is all about.

Joyce

JellyTheory
08/08/2002, 11:37 PM
Kozmo - Joyce was simply stating the order of the people in Southern California that would like to share shipping on Paul's frags. She didn't say that you couldn't get one yourself on your own. She was simply inviting you to join our order to save you money on shipping. Don't be so poopy next time.

-Chris

dadevil23335
08/09/2002, 12:25 AM
yeah, kozmo02, it all a big misunderstanding, it was already established that you had first dibs. The rest of us gets however many paul has left over and it just trickles down from the list that joyce had established. Joyce, should we send you money thru paypal or give you the money when we pick up our frags? What do you think?

Lyndel

JellyTheory
08/09/2002, 01:06 AM
I think it should be given to joyce upfront that way she doesn't have to cover it. I also think that Kozmo's victim attitude was a little rude and uncalled for. No one is denying him a frag. If anything, I will be the one that doesn't get one of Paul's frags because no matter what happens, I'm at the bottom of the list. Paul, how much quick money do you want to make...I mean how many frags are you able to make? ;)

-Chris

Project Reef
08/09/2002, 01:23 AM
http://www.dentrix.com/images/Users_Suite/Cry_baby.jpg

Wilafur
08/09/2002, 01:24 AM
paul,

i have a few corals that can be fragged at the moment. i am pm'ing you a link and let me know what you like and i'll let you know if i will frag it. i have never packed and overnighted frags before though.

kozmo02
08/09/2002, 01:39 AM
wait wait wait, im not playing the baby, what im saying is, since you guys are in SO Cal, it is much easier for you to get frags, I can get them, I work at a fish store, I can get them whenever I want. So what i'm saying is, you guys get them, leave me out of it, because i can buy them, and you guys take the frag, because it would be much more convenient since you are all in that area, and i dont really want to ship that frag, so you guys have at it, dont think im complaining, i just got kind of mad that all the sudden everyone started making these plans and my name wasn't mentioned at all, thats all that bothered me. You guys go ahead, the frags are all yours, maybe me and paul can work something out later down the road.

Rock Anemone
08/09/2002, 02:03 AM
LOL Project Reef, when did you take that photo of yourself?

J/K!!! LOL! It just makes me laugh when I look at it, I will be using that for some threads here on RC... :)

Wilafur
08/09/2002, 02:06 AM
kozmo02,

when were you ever left out of the equation? it is implicitly understood that you you were the first to ask for a frag off of paul's seriatopora.

nowhere did anyone say "Screw kozmo02, we LA people are taking any and all available frags". if you saw anything that implied this, please point it out. also you were asked by macimage if you would be interested to join the LA purchase, or did you conveniently not read her post? to reiterate her post:

Also, Kozmo02 (Fresno) and Rock Anenome (San Diego) you are both welcome to participate if you can find a way to pick it up from S. Calif. Kozmo02 you would be #1 on the list and Rock you would be #3 in this list.

since there are a bunch of people in the LA area that are interested in frags from paul, we thought it would be a good idea to have him ship to a designated reefer in LA to save on shipping costs AND to make it easier on paul.

reread you last 2 posts and think about how you sound...........................very juvenile.

Rock Anemone
08/09/2002, 02:15 AM
I'm fine with getting my own seperate shipment and paying for it, less confusing.... :)

kozmo02
08/09/2002, 03:32 AM
emperator did u not read what i put?

im offering my frag to someone in LA, I WILL FIND MY OWN!!

it is much easier for all of you to get frags since you are in that area, I am actually excluding myself. and giving you a frag instead of me, ***-hat, so shut up.

pi
08/09/2002, 10:46 AM
Okay everyone, I took a good look at the birdsnest last night and unfortunately, I can only get three decent size frags off it. Based on Joyce's list, that means dadevil2335, macimage, and project reef gets a piece. The good news is I have plenty of frags of the purple tip.

I have sent everyone a PM with my home address and details. I recommend we all communicate via PM and let this thread die or move to the appropriate forum.

Paul

Macimage
08/09/2002, 10:54 AM
OK, to put an end to this.

Kozmo originally posted that we took over his thread and cut him out of getting a frag
you guys found it necessary to take it over and figure things out for yourselves and start dictating who gets what, and acting somewhat greedy, which is pretty sad
Now he has posted that he is actually offering my frag to someone in LA.
So thanks Kozmo and I hope it all works out for you. Thanks to everyone else that jumped in and posted that we never meant to cut him out.

I think we should each send Paul (hopefully he has Paypal) the money for our frags. We can estimate the shipping cost when we know how many frags he is sending.

Joyce

SawCJack00
08/09/2002, 11:25 AM
I think this is a conspiracy...

Jon_Hewett_85
08/09/2002, 11:35 AM
Mtndewman<> Are you sure thats a seriatopora? It looks more like a stylo to me. Still a great lookin piece :)

MtnDewMan
08/09/2002, 11:53 AM
Jon,

I am not 100% sure, that part I know :) It is a nice piece, very pink with undersides away from the light more of a dark color. Very polypy, very small polyps at that. In that picture they were all out and very fuzzy. The coral tip shape seems to be in line with Seriatopora, but it is much more dense than the typical Seriatopora which maybe lends itself toward a Stylophora ...

Oh well ... All I know is it is a neat piece in my tank ... laugh ...

coralite
08/09/2002, 01:05 PM
Hey what happened to all the pics? I was hoping to see more than Paul's Birdnest, which i have seen in person. It's a gorgeous pink birdnest, absolutely Hystrix. He has some stylo behind it for comparison, I assure you it's birdnest.
The stylo is cool too for all of you who are getting frags, it's pink tipped w/ bright green polyps, unlike anything i've seen before. It is also thin branched, prolly subseriata.
Paul, look how you managed to upset so many people? You shouldn't flaunt your gorgeous coral pics so carelessly, it makes people jealous.
Anyone got a good piece of green birdnest? Or even a pic?

Rock Anemone
08/09/2002, 01:26 PM
Darn... I have been wanting a frag of Pauls Birdsnest Coral ever since I saw his tank about a month ago.

Paul, please put my on a waiting list as I love this corals and find it truly amazing.

I know everyone will like the frags as this coral is shocking!!!

Kozmo, sorry for all the trouble.

Enjoy The Frags!
Rock Anemone

holeinone1972
08/09/2002, 02:06 PM
Okay here is a baby I have have raised from a 1" frag, I have had for about 8 months.

http://www.eastcoastclams.com/database-images/cart-images/bird2.jpg

I was sure surprised not to see more pics also. Maybe someone else will show ther's off too. Rob

Wilafur
08/09/2002, 02:41 PM
holeinone1972,

your seriatopora looks exactly like mine, except for mine has thicker branches and the braches are not as densely packed as your. good looking corals everyone that has posted.

Rock Anemone
08/09/2002, 02:45 PM
If you look, I was actually the third person to as for a frag. Preject reef was the 4th...

Rock Anemone

Macimage
08/13/2002, 12:32 PM
Los Angeles Reefers-Paul has only received my check for the frags as of today. If you are participating in the shipment, please send Paul an update as to any problems. We are missing 5 payments. If you received a PM from Paul about participating and changed your mind, please let him know.

We want to ship them on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks, Joyce

Palmetto
08/13/2002, 01:43 PM
Paul, you have started a war here!

:)

I knew that Seriatopora was going to get response when I put it on the website. What makes me mad is that I just placed a large order that included a "Hot Pink XL Seriatopora", then when they packed my order someone had already gotten it!!

Grrr.....

When I get more in, I will let some of you know that have expressed interest, and perhaps get some names from Paul that he was unable to fill. I am looking to propagate this variety on a larger scale based on this input.

Baalz
08/13/2002, 02:25 PM
wait wait!! I posted first.. what happened to the post? ok who deleted it.. I smell a L.A frag mafia

:bum:

kevinpo
08/13/2002, 06:20 PM
Well now here's a picture of mine. Very fast grower. This picture is 4 months old and the shape has changed considerably. It's about the size of a cantalope.

Regards,
Kevin

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kpockell/birdnest-4-02.JPG

Rock Anemone
08/13/2002, 06:50 PM
N/M, guys... guess you don't car... :(

Well, when the coral grows some more let me be the first to have a frag since I was forgotten from this one even though I was the 3rd to ask...

Thanks!
Rock Anemone:rolleyes:

APynckel
08/13/2002, 07:06 PM
I'd like a frag of a birds nest too :)

Macimage
08/13/2002, 07:11 PM
Rock Anenome-If you look at my previous post it states:

Also, Kozmo02 (Fresno) and Rock Anenome (San Diego) you are both welcome to participate if you can find a way to pick it up from S. Calif. Kozmo02 you would be #1 on the list and Rock you would be #3 in this list. Then you posted:

I'm fine with getting my own seperate shipment and paying for it, less confusing....

So. why have you posted twice that we don't care, that you want a frag, that you are being left out, that you were forgotten etc.

You stated that you wanted to make your own arrangements with Paul to get your frag shipped to San Diego. I don't know what you want the poster's on this thread to do. You could have either contacted Paul or joined the LA group purchase. Sorry you feel the way you do. Of course, you will be welcome to a frag from me when I get it grown a bit.

Joyce

gooch
08/13/2002, 09:35 PM
This bad boy has been through hell. Been fragged many times and often ignored.

gooch

Rock Anemone
08/13/2002, 09:45 PM
Joyce, Paul posted that he could make 3 good frags and they would be going to the first 3 people which he named. I was the 3rd but he put someone else in as the third.

But, if I don't get oen and your frags grow out I would be happy to eb on the top of the list for one.... :D

Rock Anemone

Project Reef
08/13/2002, 09:55 PM
Joyce, Paul posted that he could make 3 good frags and they would be going to the first 3 people which he named. I was the 3rd but he put someone else in as the third.

But, if I don't get oen and your frags grow out I would be happy to eb on the top of the list for one.... :D

Rock Anemone

Rock, do you understand that if you do get your own order, shipping will be almost 40 dollars + 10 for the frag.

So now your looking at almost 50 dollars for a single frag.

I mean hell it is a great looking frag though. Maybe you should do it...... :spin3:

Rock Anemone
08/13/2002, 10:02 PM
Shipping would only be like ten, I have checked it out that's what it says.

Don't Start LOL...
Rock Anemone

Project Reef
08/13/2002, 10:10 PM
Shipping would only be like ten, I have checked it out that's what it says.

Don't Start LOL...
Rock Anemone

10 dollars? lol

Fedex, overnight shipping is not 10 dollars. Either way, once this thing grows, if you ever come up to orange county I'll hook you up with a piece, no problemo.

Rock Anemone
08/13/2002, 10:11 PM
whoops, meant ten dollars for the frag, I think it would be like 25.

Rock Anemone
08/13/2002, 10:12 PM
If, any of you people witha frag from Pauls has theirs grow into a nice bright pink colony let me know. :)

Rock Anemone

P.S. Thanks Project! :)

dadevil23335
08/13/2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Macimage
Los Angeles Reefers-Paul has only received my check for the frags as of today. If you are participating in the shipment, please send Paul an update as to any problems. We are missing 5 payments. If you received a PM from Paul about participating and changed your mind, please let him know.

We want to ship them on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks, Joyce

Joyce, I sent my payment out on sunday, which means, mailed out on monday. So Paul should be receiving my payment either tomorrow or thursday. I know Ali sent his payment out already and I think wilbur did too. So hopefully everyone else has sent if theres out and i haven't read the rest of the thread yet so I may be the only one that hasn't replied yet. Can't wait to get them!

Lyndel

dadevil23335
08/13/2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by gooch
This bad boy has been through hell. Been fragged many times and often ignored.

gooch

Gooch, are you trying to start another war...that's a sweet peice don't make us have to jump all over your cora too.....BTW how much for a frag? hehehe:D

gooch
08/13/2002, 10:32 PM
Right now I have nothing to sell. I am working on a few trades and frags of this birdsnest will be going out to a few reefers around the country. If I have any left over(I doubt it) I will get back to you.

gooch

dadevil23335
08/13/2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by gooch
Right now I have nothing to sell. I am working on a few trades and frags of this birdsnest will be going out to a few reefers around the country. If I have any left over(I doubt it) I will get back to you.

gooch

Thanks Gooch!

Macimage
08/13/2002, 11:02 PM
Lyndel-Thanks for the update. Project Reef e-mailed me, so it looks like everyone has already sent their money. Wilbur will be driving up to visit, check out my tanks and pick up his frag next week. Anyone else is also welcome to come and visit. Those that are close to Wilbur, maybe can pick theirs up from him. Otherwise, we will make arrangements to transfer these beauties.

Rock-I see what you mean. We'll get you hooked up!!

Joyce

Rock Anemone
08/14/2002, 12:46 AM
Thanks! :)

Rock Anemone:D

Wilafur
08/14/2002, 12:49 AM
email or pm me if you want me to pick up your frags from joyce's next week.

:)

Palmetto
08/24/2002, 06:21 PM
http://www.palmettoreefs.com/inventory/DCP_1850_.JPG

Turtlesteve
08/24/2002, 07:35 PM
I just found this thread and i have to say, beautiful corals. I'd love some frags of those...

I'll be down to Columbia sometime during October (maybe sooner), and would love to stop by. Where are ya'll located?

Palmetto
08/24/2002, 08:35 PM
Paul is in Lexington, I am near Elgin. We are far apart, hehe.

If mine fares well, I will frag it soon. It is still new. Where in upstate are you, Steve?

Turtlesteve
08/25/2002, 09:12 AM
I'm just on the north side of Greenville.

I guess i'll have to make a road trip to Columbia soon. I can't stand looking at an empty tank.