PDA

View Full Version : Question of electronic probes .....

Drunes
02/17/2007, 06:23 PM
Having been around for sometime in this hobby it has come time to put in a new system. The basement is under construction and the floor has been marked for the wall and room that will make up the new tank and fish room.

New construction -

The backroom will be 12' x 12'
Tank - All Glass Reef Ready 180 with mega flows rather than corner flows built into the wall
Lighting on main tank - Current USA 72 inch Outer Orbit with T5s & 250W HQI Bulbs
2 100 gallon Rubbermade stock tanks (One as a fuge the other as a sump for skimmers pumps and such.

I wont bore you with the toher details as there will be pictures in the future of how the build-out progresses. Plan is to be up and running in October with the rock and sand coming from Tampa Bay. Used them for the last tank and loved it.

Now to the question. Previously I have been a hands on testing type of person and that will not change, however recording is always a pain as is trying to read some of the cards to figure out is that .002 or .001.

So I am considering an electronic monitoring system I have looked at several Neptune and Aquatronics to name a few. I am looking for suggestions considering I am looking for a system that can be used with a PC like Neptunes web reporting and controls but has the ability to measure

pH
ORP Probe
Temperature
Oxyguard Dissolved Oxygen
Salinety
Nitrates
Nitrites
Phosphates
Ammonia
Copper

Any recommendations folks?