PDA

View Full Version : She has got to move......

Aliie
02/14/2007, 10:46 PM
....just for a few days.

I am going to tear down my big tank and do a rebuild on the aquascape. I need to know if my clown will be okay in my nano for 2 days 3 max.

The 12 gal nano is only used for growing corals for my 30 gal.
the only things that will be in there will the the clown and one goby.

I don't want to take her to the LFS for fish sitting because of the stress it might cause but if this is worse I may have to.

Please give me you opinion on her safety for the 2 days I have planned for remodling her home.

Thank you~

Aliie

bwest
02/14/2007, 10:57 PM
As long as your clown isn't massive in size, I would say it would be alright for a few days.

redvipe2010
02/14/2007, 11:10 PM
She will be fine in the 12 gallon for a few days. Be sure to acclimate her and watch the water parameters.

Aliie
02/15/2007, 07:03 AM
Massive? She is roughly the lenght of the palm of my hand, maybe 4" or so. I don't know how big marrons get so I can't say if that is big.

What way do you guys think is best to acclimate her?

I normally don't acclimate from the nano to the hex and vise versa.

redvipe2010
02/15/2007, 10:33 AM
Unless the two systems are plumbed together, the water parameters will not match exactly. If they are plumbed together, don't acclimate.

Your 4" maroon will be fine for a few days.

I always take my time acclimating anything to my tank. Float in bag for 20 minutes, then replace about 1/4 cup water every 10 - 15 min. until you think all the water has been replaced.

dc
02/15/2007, 11:35 AM
I would probably do a water change in the nano and fill it up with water from you hex so the perimeters will be closer. I've done this before with good results.

redvipe2010
02/15/2007, 12:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9248378#post9248378 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dc
I would probably do a water change in the nano and fill it up with water from you hex so the perimeters will be closer. I've done this before with good results.

Good idea if it is empty. It sounds to me like there is corals in there.

Aliie
02/15/2007, 02:58 PM
REDVIPE: The systems are not connected. I do try to keep both as close as possible to keep the stress low on the corals. You are correct. It's loaded with growing croals for the rebuild, most of which will also be x-ferred.

Debi: BUSTED! You found where I have been hiding the past week! I do like the idea of using the water from the bigger tank for the nano, but I don't know if I'm willing to drain it to use the other water and then tear it down to reset it. I'll have to think on that a day.