PDA

View Full Version : Deltec MCE300 Skimmer any good?

10" Red Devil
02/14/2007, 01:41 AM
Right now I am using a ASM G-1 which has been doing a great job, however it pretty much dominates my sump and makes it nearly impossible to clean out the middle chamber it sits in.

I was wondering if the deltec mce300 is as good if not better? The one thing I love about the ASM is that I really don't have to fiddle with it at all really.

The tank is a 20 long connected to a 16 something gallon sump that pretty much fills the inside of the tank stand.

This is an SPS system that has been setup for a few years so the skimmer needs to be good.

Thanks.

Goodwood
02/14/2007, 01:54 AM
I never used this type deltec but I do have a the recirculating type it is pretty nice. Ive used many other brand skimmers and it is the most consistant, quiet, efficient, and productive skimmer I have ever used. A lot of people will say Deltec products are overpriced and maybe they are but it's the niced stuff I've ever used and you pay for what you get,

I have no desire to try any other brands

Hope that helps some

DrBegalke
02/14/2007, 02:32 AM
mce 300 does a great job on my 55, i would think it could handle your 20.

i can't directly compare it to the asm though.

Andrew
02/14/2007, 09:26 AM
Here's an MCE300 thread that's in the Deltec froum:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=963923&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

sjm817
02/14/2007, 09:32 AM
I have not seen too many glowing reviews of it. My LFS sells Deltec. One of the employees has one on a personal tank and doesn't like it at all. If you have a sump, there is no reason to be looking at HOBs anyway.