PDA

View Full Version : Tougher Fish than Tomato, Flame and Dottyback

susieQ
08/05/2002, 12:57 PM
I've been wanting to add another fish to my tank forever. I need a suggestion on a fish tougher than the 3 already in there. I have a 62g reef with a tomato clown, a flame angel and a neon dottyback...all fish are about 3-4 inches. And all fish are aggressive at different times.

I was thinking about adding a hawkfish. I had an arc eye before but he didn't survive long enough so I don't know the compatibility. I also don't know what killed him. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Susie

RooFish
08/05/2002, 01:11 PM
Arc eye hawkfish are ususally the most aggresive of the hawks. The others can be aggresive, but aren't ususally as bad. The real problem is that the new fish is at a disadvantage to the ones who have their territory already marked out. The new one has to fight in defense and to get territory. Try a hawk if you want.

richardb42
08/05/2002, 01:58 PM
My yellow tang is the bully of my tank...

susieQ
08/05/2002, 03:54 PM
Anyone else? I'm not too fond of yellow tangs so I'll pass but good suggestion.

Thanks.

hiddendragonet
08/05/2002, 04:03 PM
Obviously, the perfect fish for you is a Blue Devil Damsel!!!;)

Mean little buggers.

susieQ
08/05/2002, 05:18 PM
Auuuggghhh, damsels! Actually, I had a blue devil I had to get rid of when I switched over from FO to the reef. I remember it terrorized everything. I'll have to pass on that suggestion too. :D

Susie

hiddendragonet
08/06/2002, 08:22 AM
:D

I thought that would be the first fish mentioned! I know I'll never keep one again, but hey.

HD

Doughster4
08/06/2002, 08:42 AM
I can't add anything else to my tank either due to my 3" male tomato clown. He picks at the smaller female, nipped at the mantle of a maxima clam that I placed too close to him and his bubble tip. He killed a six line, 2 x Bangai cardinals, finally a royal gramma that had been in there forever, and my hands and arms every time I put them in the tank. Do they make valium for fish?