PDA

View Full Version : WTB: small amounts of live sand to seed DSB

serjuanca88
08/05/2002, 02:17 AM
I am setting up a DSB in my 55g reeg aquarium. I would like to buy small amounts of live sand from anybody willing to sell it a reasonable price. I accept donations too :D Or if you live in Lubbock, TX I will come and pick it up. Thank you.

ReefGeekster
08/05/2002, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by serjuanca88
I am setting up a DSB in my 55g reeg aquarium. I would like to buy small amounts of live sand from anybody willing to sell it a reasonable price. I accept donations too :D Or if you live in Lubbock, TX I will come and pick it up. Thank you.

I would be more than happy to donate 2 cups of live sand from my tank, attached is a pic. Though I live in Oregon and FedEx overnight would be aprx. $30
I would be better if you can find a local source, if not lmk

ReefGeekster
08/05/2002, 03:09 AM
I would be better if you can find a local source, if not lmk

Sorry it should have said "It would better....

serjuanca88
08/05/2002, 12:09 PM
I think i will take your advice and find a local source. shipping is just too much. BTW where do you live in oregon? I was born in Portland.

ReefGeekster
08/05/2002, 08:24 PM
I live in Medford, but grew up in Salem. When I needed Live sand I asked the my LFS and he gave me quite a bit for free. Cause he knew I would be a good customer, boy was he right. If your LFS won't give or sell you live sand maybe there is a bulletin board in a pet shop or LFS you can post a small 3x5 card stating you need live sand. By the way around here it's $4.95 for a scoop of live sand at the LFS
Word of caution do not take or accept live sand from a diseased tank (mostly holding tanks for incoming live stock, which can contain Oodinium) Also avoid a tank with Flat Worms.