PDA

View Full Version : first round of FWE

clowninaround74
02/10/2007, 07:59 PM
well i actually had the spare time to do a FWE treatment. I went out and bought some reef carbon, chemi pure and purigen! Im running the reef carbon right now and will do so for the next three days. When the treatment is over i will change out my current chemi pure for the new one and start running the purigen also.

I did a 2x dosages and everything seems to be going great....they die really fast which supprised me. I have been sitting buy the tank with a baster sucking all of the dead ones. I have searched everywhere and cant find anymore. I pointed a powerhead on every rock to blow any ones out that were hiding and that worked really well it got alot of them out. It was pretty interesting to see in the bucket that i siphoned alot of the dead ones out the water turned a nasty yellow color...im assuming thats the toxin that everyone talks about.

All of my corals are looking fine and all my inverts look good as well....although the cleaner shrimp is hiding!

Tomorrow: im going to do another 25% water change and hope that i got em all!!!!

adams0816
02/11/2007, 01:54 PM
be prepared to do another one in about 2 weeks.

clowninaround74
02/11/2007, 01:55 PM
i was planning on it...i am going to do another 2.5x dosage in two weeks to kill all the bastards!