PDA

View Full Version : flatworms

wrasseguy2
02/05/2007, 10:09 PM
i saw a flat worm in my tank today so i tried to get it out not thinking about things some of it broke apart in my tank wiil this be bad for my tank or not...like will toxic to my tank

graveyardworm
02/05/2007, 11:21 PM
A single flatworm dieing isnt going to harm your tank. Was it one of the red ones? If so there's probably more.

kmk2307
02/06/2007, 02:15 AM
How big was this flatworm? What color was it? You don't have anything to worry about. Did you remove the pieces of the body?

Kevin

wrasseguy2
02/06/2007, 12:28 PM
i got as much out as i could which was most of it...it was maybe 2" long and was kinda the color of my rock...a tan to brown color with some whit in it...

graveyardworm
02/06/2007, 09:32 PM
When someone mentions flatworm I think of the little ones. Time to start thinking outside the box a little bit.

cchoffman
02/07/2007, 01:30 PM
It was probably a polyclad flatworm, look in my gallery and compare with what you saw. If it is, they will kill your snails and hermit crabs. Sand burrowing snails don't seem to be bothered by them, or large enough crabs. I have been trying to get rid of them for around 4 or 5 months. I am going to try Flatworm Exit next, I know it works on the small ones, but not sure on the big ones.

wrasseguy2
02/07/2007, 04:46 PM
yes cchoffman that is him i noticed that some of my snalis were dying but that is the only one i have seen i hope there is no more but i am on the lookout for them

cchoffman
02/08/2007, 10:57 AM
I only see one or two a night, can go weeks between seeing them. I have pulled one up to 4 inches long out before. They are nasty SOB's. I have heard Leopard Wrasse's will eat them, trying to get LFS to get one in for me.

Schadiest1
02/11/2007, 06:29 PM
I delt with the real small ones and it was a huge pain. If left alone, they will mass produce. I was continually siphoning them out and treating my tank. They came in on a batch of snails I got off of that famous auction site. I didn't notice until it was too late.