PDA

View Full Version : microbubbles

charlieX
02/03/2007, 12:34 PM
I need some help. Currently using a coralife protein skimmer (needle jet pump). Just recently, I have started getting a lot of microbubbles from the outflow hose of the skimmer. I've using the skimmer for @1yr with no problems/microbubbles. I removed the skimmer and pump and cleaned them. From a functional standpoint the skimmer is working fine. The microbubbles get pumped back into the tank. Consequently the water is not very clear. ???could red slime remover cause this.

Thanks for you help,
Charlie

bertoni
02/04/2007, 03:19 AM
[welcome]

The red slime remover definitely can cause that type of problem. If that's the case, the bubbles should disappear in a few days or so.

Goodwood
02/04/2007, 03:51 AM
Many skimmer will produce lots of microbubbles after being cleaned. I run my skimmers into a filter sock just to keep my water super clear. One thing I hate is seeing a tank with microbubbles in it

charlieX
02/04/2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks.

Charlie

jannima
02/04/2007, 01:16 PM
I hope I didn't hijack this thread. I have similiar problem with the corallife protein skimmer 65. It's been running 3 weeks as HOB, but getting lots of microbubbles from the outflow. I tried to mod the outflow with pvc pipe and mag 2 to 7 prefilter sponge ( from Tyler Merrick website), it does decrease the amount of microbubbles, but still tons of microbubbles get into tank. Any help please?
Thank you.

bertoni
02/04/2007, 03:05 PM
Anything being dosed into the tank? Are you using a dechlorinator or stress coat additive?

jannima
02/04/2007, 05:46 PM
No, only thing I dosed was calcium liquid, but that was 5 days ago.

bertoni
02/04/2007, 10:47 PM
Hard to say, then. I'd take the skimmer apart and clean it.