PDA

View Full Version : OK, keep your fingers crossed!!

Brazengrrl
01/31/2007, 06:47 PM
I moved my tank today. This is not something I would reccomend to ANYONE!! What a pain! If any of the inhabatants survive I will be extremely supprised!!
Wish them luck!

flfirefighter13
01/31/2007, 06:49 PM
ahhhhh come on theres nothing to it, just lots of buckets, rubbermaid tubs and patients:) Im sure your critters will be fine, worse case be ready for a quick h20 change and all should be well.

Brazengrrl
01/31/2007, 07:00 PM
Hey Brian, lemmie ask you a question.....when I set my AP up, should I use all new water or use some from the 65 and some new water?

engine
01/31/2007, 07:00 PM
good luck

ricanboy57
01/31/2007, 07:02 PM
Everything should be cool, but whats not cool is that you haven't posted pics of your new setup!

flfirefighter13
01/31/2007, 08:07 PM
I usually try to use as much of the old water as possible. (this assumes the old water was in decent shape of course). I have no scientific proof but my theory is it is traumatic enough on the critters to go through a move, plus the fact that the sandbed will not be really established right after a move so I try to keep all parameters the same as much as possible.
I will however have a good amount of water on hand in case of a small cycle. (granted in around 8 tanks Ive moved in the last year this only happened once and that was mor of rock dieoff from a rubbermaid container that broke in transit and drained the h20). This water is a safety blanket just in case as well as after evrything gets settled in after a few days I always do a water change anyways. Useing this method I have manage to not have any real cycles or bad algae breakouts when moveing tanks that are healthy to start. The few I moved that where in the middle of major problems I replaced all the sand and water and scrubbed all the rock, this always ended up being problem tanks for a little while, but nothing that good husbandry couldnt get worked out. Sit back and enjoy the new tank itll be fine:)

waterfaller1
02/01/2007, 05:25 AM
Good luck Val, let us know how things turn out.;)

Brazengrrl
02/01/2007, 08:14 AM
k, quick update. As of this AM the GSM, YT, CBS are all still alive and well. My Scooter Blennie and Sexy Shrimp are unaccounted for ( but the lights are still off) My anemone is gaping a little and my frogspawn looks like its getting ready to melt. This is actually better than I thought. The bedroom is scary quiet without the tank in it though.
On a better note, The walls are freshly painted, My AP should arrive today and the stand I am having made should be ready tommrow. So hopefully I will have pictures by the weekend.
Thanks guys for all of your support! No one on the "outside" world really understands the stress that can go along with this hobby!!
I will keep you updated with pictures!