PDA

View Full Version : FS: 225G acrylic tank and stand

bbrantley
01/28/2007, 03:32 AM
Hello my fellow Coloradans,

As I grow closer to flipping the switch on my new tank, Bertha, I am growing more and more eager to part with my old tank, As Yet Unnamed! (Yes, you get to name it yourself. :))

I listed it here a long time ago and there were a few interested parties, but alas, no one "bit." I'm very eager to get this thing out of my fish room, so please take a gander and then we can wheel and deal.

http://pixel4.net/gallery/albums/225gal/normal__A4M0171.jpg

Here's a shot of the tank as it was being unpacked. It's 6 feet long, 2 feet deep, and 30 inches tall. It's made from 3/4" acrylic and does not bow when filled with water. The manufacturer is Midwest Custom Aquariums and this thing is solid. It was designed for placement into a partial-corner, so the single overflow is oversized and built into the back-left corner as viewed from the front. The front right corner is curved for aesthetic appeal. The back and left rear panels are painted blue. I paid $1250 plus shipping for the tank itself.

http://pixel4.net/gallery/albums/225gal2/normal__D1Z1075.JPG

The stand is build by Aquatic Design Habitats, a local Colorado company. It's a four-door stand with a cherry finish and bathtub-style floor inside. The back has two vertical supports that hinge outward for installation and lock back in when you're ready to fill the tank. The stand cost about $1200 as well.

Everything is in very good shape and there are few scratches, if any. This tank was "up" for about eight months, but I never got past the live rock stage and a few frags before I took it down. (Long story!) It has some stray sand in it and a little algae that will come off with some vinegar.

For roughly $2500 worth of equipment in good shape, I'd like to get about $1300 for it. I'm mostly interested in selling this soon, so if you're thinking about building a tank in the summer or you need some time to save up the dough, that's totally awesome, but please look for another tank. :) If you can come and get it sooner rather than later, I'm more than willing to make it an even better deal. Hint, hint.

Not to distract from this listing, but I have a few other choice items for sale as well, including a couple of Little Giant pumps (virtually unused), a Lifereef sump and skimmer, and the really fancy Aquactinics light hood that went atop this tank. If anyone is interested in those, you know how to find me.

Thanks for reading,

Ben

Csubseball
01/28/2007, 06:44 PM
If only this was a few months down the road.....

Someone needs to jump on this amazing deal! If I were moved in my new house I would be all over this!

mateo lopez
01/28/2007, 07:26 PM
I would be interested in the skimmer. will be large enough for a 175 gallon???

bbrantley
01/28/2007, 09:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9099067#post9099067 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mateo lopez
I would be interested in the skimmer. will be large enough for a 175 gallon???

The skimmer is rated for 240 gallons, I believe. You can look it up on the Lifereef site; the model number is VS-24.

Ben

68RUSTANG
01/29/2007, 08:11 PM
What model Little giant pumps are they? Prices?
Thanks,
Tony

P.S. your PM box is full