PDA

View Full Version : Final decision on RO/DI unit

KyleP
01/26/2007, 06:24 PM
Due to budget, I have narrowed my choices down to Purely H2O's Optima Vision $149, Filterguys five stage Ocean wave $135, or the Typhoon 3 from airwaterice at $149.

I'm leaning towards the Optima Vision, due to smaller micron size even though it is four stage and not five like the other two. But the typhoon can come with 1 micron also.

Also I'm confused on adaptors. I want to go with permanent setup under my kitchen sink, so should I go with a Y valve that comes of the 1/4 inch copper piping? I don't think I want the faudet adapter.

I appreciate any help, as I want to make the best decision. Thanks.

AZDesertRat
01/26/2007, 07:46 PM
All are good units, it really comes down to who you are comfortable with. Talk to each of them and see who gives you a warm and fuzzy. You might add www.buckeyefieldsupply.com in the mix too with their 75 GPD Premium system, its similar to the others and also has good service.
Tell the vendor you want to mount it permanent and they will ship it with a saddle valve for the cold water line under the sink and a drain saddle for the waste. If a self piercing saddle is not what you want to use you can also get an adapter from most of them or from the hardware that attaches directly to the cold water valve coming through the wall under your sink and has a tee so one side feeds the sink and the other the RO. Here are pictures from Filter Guys, look at the items about 7 or 8 pictures down.
http://www.thefilterguys.biz/tap_water_fittings.htm

RO/DI units are pretty easy to hook up and you should be making water in about 30 minutes!