PDA

View Full Version : Who is better Aqua C Remora or Prism in a 100 gal

Danger731
01/25/2007, 04:26 PM
I like the Aqua C, anybody differ ?

RichConley
01/25/2007, 04:27 PM
The remora will work better than the prism, it probably still wont be able to handle that tank though.

MrSpiffy
01/25/2007, 04:36 PM
You'll want to go AquaC on this one. I hear the Prisms are a bit of a pain to get working well. Also, as was mentioned, the Remora won't really be enough to handle the bioload on your tank. If anything, get the Remora Pro with the larger pump. But if you insist on a HOB skimmer, I'd probably recommend two Remoras/Remora Pros as my ideal scenario for a 100G.

Can't do a sump w/ skimmer under the tank? That'd be the best way to go. I hear nearly all in-sump skimmers are better than HOB's. (Cost is the main factor, here, though.)

Ron Popeil
01/25/2007, 04:37 PM
the remora pro is rated for 75 gallons +, and would definetely outperform the prism by far. if you had a very low bioload, the remora would probably get you by, if you kept up on regular water changes. but a bigger more powerful skimmer would be more beneficial. im assuming youre looking at hang on skimmers because youre running a sumpless system?

if not, and you do have a sump, ive been really impressed with the ASM line of skimmers. if i were you, id go with a G4 for your size system.

msuzuki126
01/25/2007, 04:39 PM
Also check out the octopus skimmers. Very cost effective.

RichConley
01/25/2007, 04:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9073095#post9073095 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by msuzuki126
Also check out the octopus skimmers. Very cost effective.

Seconded, if you can run a sump. They cost roughly half what an ASM costs, are better built, and pull more air.