PDA

View Full Version : Feather Wall

moviegeek
05/28/2000, 11:04 PM
Nice! Are you feeding the tank anything for suspension feeders? What do you attribute to your success?

Michelle
05/28/2000, 11:04 PM
That's just incredible, David! Excellent job! :)

Steve Richardson
05/28/2000, 11:17 PM
:) Woohoo! :)

hey.... thats pretty nice David. :D

(Thats pretty funny... every once in a while somone posts a good 'See what I have' thread, and my own wheels start turning... gee... I wonder where I could get some of those... )

-Steve

Joez
05/28/2000, 11:29 PM
Very nice. Congratulations!

FishWish
05/29/2000, 08:03 AM
Hi Gang, Over the past several months I've been setting up my new 180.
One of the things I had hoped to accomplish was a section/wall of feather duster encrusted rock. I thought some of you guys would like to see my progress.
http://www.fishwish.com/feathers.jpg

[This message has been edited by FishWish (edited 05-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by FishWish (edited 05-29-2000).]

TimS
05/29/2000, 08:11 AM
I'd like to see it. Bad link. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 05-29-2000).]

FishWish
05/29/2000, 08:16 AM
Sorry gang, Can't get the pic link to work. If anyone's interested in seeing this, LMK and I'll email it along until such a time as I can sort this thing out..Thanks for your patience..David

FishWish
05/29/2000, 08:31 AM
Now I've got it, Thanks for your patience..David

80CI
05/29/2000, 12:45 PM
Hey David, that's awesome! I'm trying something like that and it is working too. I've leaned pieces of pink star polyps against the walls of my tank and they attach and spread. The goal is to have the back and sidewalls covered not in coralline, but pink stars. May take a couple of years....

PowrPlay
05/29/2000, 03:59 PM
.............! WOW!

"Honey, come here! I want that!?"

------------------
Improve your Digital Photos (http://www.jps.net/powrplay/DCpix.html) :)
"Ok, ok, this is all I'm getting!"

[This message has been edited by Larry M (edited 05-29-2000).]

wayne
05/29/2000, 04:39 PM
PowrPlay
Great tip on the digital photos.

FishWish
05/29/2000, 10:54 PM
Thanks gang, glad you enjoyed the view.
MovieGeek: I feed 2 X daily two cubes of frozen baby brine and my sus. feeders love it. I'm certain that this has a great deal to do with my success.
To begin the process I carefully remove with tweezers about a dozen or so dusters scattered around the tank and then crazy glue them to a specifice piece of rock.
I did the same thing on my 45 with the back wall of the tank and in about three years the entire back wall was covered.
Unfortunatly, that tank didn't survive the move in Jan. :-(. hense the reason I got the electric hots to try this stunt again.
I went for a rock section this time because it has a much higher wow factor..Later..David

jimhobbs
05/30/2000, 05:11 AM
I'll say it again, WOW! :)

That cool!!...Good job!... :D

Best regards...jim

Brooke
05/30/2000, 08:02 AM
Hey David-
It looks great! These things are clogging up my refugium. To think I was almost going to throw them out!!!

What kind of glue did you use??

Thanks-
Brooke

ladyballplayer
05/30/2000, 08:22 AM
Thats so funny. I have had my feather dusters tak off like mad and was gettgin tired of them. I have this happening on some rocks and the left back side of my tank naturally. No help fomr me. I did tear dowm my tank over the long weekend to add sand and scarped off most feather dusters int eh process. Perhaps I should have left them. Yours really look nice. I felt like mine were taking over.

------------------
LadyBallPlayer
http://www.geocities.com/ladybeachlover