PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Neptune ACII w/ extras $425 Shipped

BumpinTJ24
01/20/2007, 01:55 AM
*Brand New* ACII Controller w/ 8 Modules
I have a brand new AquaController II with 8 X-10 modules to control what you wish. It was bought and never used .The probe might have dried out so you will need a pH probe and/or ORP probe. I'll still include the original just in case it still works. Still has the cap on.

$425 Shipped

Neptune Systems ACII
- (1) IM513 control interface
- (8) CM466 control modules

INFORMATION BELOW
The AquaController base unit contains all the necessary capabilities to monitor and control even the most demanding aquarium setup. All of the features described below are present in the base unit. The AquaController is able to monitor and/or control pH, ORP, Temperature, powerheads (wavemaking), pumps, sunrise/sunset simulation, moon cycle simulation, and various on/off controlled features.

* Advanced Monitor and Control
* Monitor and control temperature, pH, ORP, Kalkwasser and trace elements dosing.
* Simple programming language for sophisticated and non-standard control
* Large LCD Display
* Status displayed continuously; 20 characters by 4 lines
* Timers
* Programmable timed lighting, simulates sunrise & sunset times, simulates moon cycle, seasonal temperature variation.
* Wavemaker
* Random and timed cycles
* Still water feed mode
* PC Interface
* 30 Day Data Log
* Comprehensive Owner's Manual
* Complete instructions and configuration examples
* Easy to Use User Interface
* Three buttons for menu navigation.
* No technical background needed.
* Compact Size 5.7" x 3.3" x 1.5"
* System Self-Test
* Paging Support

The AquaController 2 has an easy to use and intuitive three button user interface. The buttons are used to navigate through the menus and to modify the standard setup. All setup and program modifications are possible through the buttons on the AquaController II - no external computer is required.

The base unit includes a comprehensive owner's manual, which contains instructions and examples on how to best utilize your AquaControllerPro. No technical background is necessary to setup and operate the controller.

To help you perform the initial setup of the AquaController II, the base unit comes pre-programmed with a default setup which requires little if any modification to work with most aquarium setups.

Monitor pH, ORP, and Temperature
The base unit includes software which is capable of monitoring pH, ORP, temperature. The monitored data is continuously displayed on the large LCD display and also logged into the internal RAM for later retrieval. All probes support digital calibration.

Control pH, ORP, and Temperature
The AquaController II also contains the functionality to control the pH, ORP, and temperature in your tank. The standard control functions for the monitored parameters listed above are possible.

For pH control typically CO2 is injected into the aquarium when the pH rises too high. The AquaController II continuously monitors the pH and can turn the CO2 injection system on or off based upon the user defined high and low set points. Because of the AquaController II's highly programmable nature, it is possible to control pH in new and non-standard ways. For example, in reef tanks with a calcium reactor it is desirable to stop injecting CO2 into the reaction chamber if the pH of the tank falls too low. The AquaController II is currently the only known controller on the market capable of this type of control. The CO2 injection system is not included with AquaController II.

Similarly, the AquaController II can control the ORP level in your tank with the injection of ozone. If the ORP in your tank drops to an user defined settings, the AquaController II can enable ozone injection into the tank. The ozone injection system is not included with AquaController II.

Also the AquaController II can control both a heater and chiller to maintain a stable temperature environment in the tank. The heater and/or chiller enable and disable temperatures can be set independently. Given the tank has an adequate heater and chiller, the temperature can be maintained within +-.3 °F.

Additionally, the AquaController II has many more features for temperature control. For example, if the temperature of the tank exceeds a preset value, the AquaController II can turn on a fan to cool the tank. If the temperature rises higher, an additional fan or chiller can be enabled. If the temperature rises even higher, lights can be shut off. There is really no limit to the number of ways that the AquaController II can control the temperature.

Also, the AquaController II has a special temperature cycle which is used to simulate seasonal temperature variations. All of the above mentioned features for temperature control are available in this mode as well; only the target temperature set point varies with the day of the year. This mode of operation is most interesting to the serious aquarist trying to induce his corals and fish to spawn.

Timers
The timer functionality included in the base unit is capable of turning devices on and off at specific times of the day with one minute resolution. The AquaController II can also turn the devices on or off multiple times per day not just one time per day as with other controllers. The flexible timers allows for the standard lighting control as well as for dosing of various elements. Up to 20 devices can be controlled by the AquaController II.

Sunrise and Sunset Simulation
The AquaController II has a special type of timer which can be used to simulate the varying lengths of days throughout the year. This feature is used to make the length of daylight hours longer in the summer than in the winter. This results in a more realistic simulation of natural lighting variations.

Moon Cycle Simulation
The AquaController II has another special type of timer which can be used to simulate the moon cycle in your tank. A special lamp control module is used. This control module is capable of varying the intensity of light emitted from an incandescent bulb. The intensity variations are controlled by the AquaController II which is preprogrammed with correct intensity values for each day of the moon cycle. The AquaController II automatically updates the intensity value depending upon the current setting of the AquaController II's clock. With this artificial moon cycle, it is possible to induce corals and fish to spawn.

WaveMaker
Each pump to be controlled can either have a random or fixed time period. Both the on and off times are fully programmable and can range from 1 minute to 4 hours in 1 minute increments. Up to 20 pumps can be controlled by one base unit. A variable length feed timer cycle can be initiated with the press of a button and will disable some or all of the pumps in the system (programmed by the user).

1 External Switch Inputs
The AquaController II comes equipped with one external switch input which can be used to activate/deactivate receive an external stimulus. Applications for the input includes connection to water level float switches, water pressure and flow sensors, and water on the floor sensors. The AquaController II program can be set up to signal alarms or act upon the input condition.

Programming Language
One of the AquaController II's most compelling features is its simple to use yet very powerful programming language.

A simple example best illustrates the power and versatility of the AquaController II. Suppose that you wish to simulate the sunrise and sunset in your tank as well as having longer or shorter sunlight hours as based upon the seasons. The following program achieves this effect:

If Sun 000/000
Then LT1 ON
If Sun 060/-045
Then LT2 ON
If Temp > 83.0
Then LT2 OFF

The first statement of the program turns light 1 ON at sunrise and OFF at sunset. The second statement turns light 2 ON 60 minutes after sunrise and shuts it off 45 minutes before sunset. This feature is not available in any other controller. The keyword 'Sun' tells the AquaController II to use the preprogrammed timer which calculates the sunrise and sunset times for the current day of the year.

The programming flexibility does not stop here though, as illustrated by the third program statement. This statement will shut off light 2 if the temperature of the tank ever exceeds 83.0°F. With this type of feature, the temperature stability of the tank can be more easily obtained on those hot summer days.

Similar program statements are used to enable or disable all the different control functions. The base unit comes pre-programmed with a default program which contains the majority of the control functions required in the average tank. Using this default program your tank will be up and running in very little time.

The extensive owner's manual thoroughly describes the installation and customization of the AquaController II for use in your tank. The manual also contains many programming examples which illustrate many of its unique features. With this system the control of your aquarium is limited only by your imagination.

Alarms
The AquaController II can be programmed to enable an audible alarm when a monitored condition exceeds a preset value. The AquaController II will immediately let you know when your tank needs attention. With the addition of an external modem the alarm can even be transmitted to a pager. The information received on the pager includes the current pH, temperature, and ORP at the time of the alarm.

Data Logging
The AquaController II has data logging for the aquarist that wants to keep an accurate log of the conditions in his aquarium. Temperature, pH, and ORP are sampled and stored into battery backed RAM. The sample interval is user programmable and can be from 1 minute to four hours in 1 minute increments. The data log can either be viewed on the LCD display or downloaded to a PC or Macintosh. via a standard RS232 serial connection.

Computer Interface
The AquaController II can be optionally connected to PC or Macintosh via a standard RS-232 cable (available from Neptune Systems). The serial interface allows you to download the datalog log as well as retrieve the current status of the monitored parameters and controlled devices in the aquarium. A computer is NOT required to program or operate the AquaController II.

Standard terminal emulator programs interface quite easily to the AquaController II. These terminal emulators are bundled with Windows or available as a public domain program for the Macintosh.

Please see the AquaNotes web page for complete details on our Windows 95/98 program which completely automates the datalog retrieval and graphing process.

Battery Backup
A standard 9V battery can power the AquaController II for several hours in the event of a power outage. No data loss will occur and all controlled devices will be in the correct state within five minutes after power is restored. The 9V battery is only used to retain the internal data log and time of day clock; the program and settings are stored in non-volatile memory.

Since this is non-volatile memory, the AquaController II retains the program and settings even during a power outage or failed 9V battery. Once the AquaController II is configured no more setup or reprogramming is required.

Battery Low Warning
When the AquaController II senses that the 9V battery backup is low an alarm can be signaled. The alarm can be either a local audible alarm or a page which will display the error condition.

Power Fail Alarm
In the event of power failure the AquaController II's 9V battery keeps the unit operation. When the AquaController II senses that power has failed an alarm can be signaled. The alarm can be either a local audible alarm or a page which will display the error condition. In addition the AquaController II logs the time that power failure started and when the power was restored.

LCD Display
The large and informative display on the AquaController II is capable of displaying 16 characters by 2 lines of text/special characters. In the status mode the display shows the either current conditions in the aquarium or the date/time and the status of all the controlled devices.

Display Lock with password protection
To keep unauthorized users from accessing and modifying the AquaController II's configuration, the display can be locked. To unlock the display a user settable password must be entered.

Direct Modem Connection
The AquaController II can be directly connected via a serial cable to an external modem. The modem can then be used to send a remote page of the conditions of the tank at the time of the alarm. The data sent to the pager includes the current AquaController II serial number, temperature, pH, and ORP.

The external modem can also be used to allow a remote PC running AquaNotes to dial in and access the AquaController II. With the PC connected to the AquaController II the current status can be monitored, the datalog can be retrieved, and the controller's configuration may be modified.

Diagnostics
The AquaController II comes with a built-in self test diagnostic program which lets you know if the system is operating correctly. Also displayed on the self test screen are the revision and date of the firmware.

chalowolf
01/20/2007, 02:44 AM
Bro Just post a link to Marine Depot , that way its less typing.

BumpinTJ24
01/23/2007, 02:29 PM
$400 Shipped

rudezuk
01/23/2007, 02:55 PM
PM Sent

erickrm
01/23/2007, 03:00 PM
my apoligies i found the ACII on the site.....

BumpinTJ24
01/23/2007, 03:42 PM
pm's replied

BumpinTJ24
01/23/2007, 08:48 PM
Pending Payment

Tripspike
01/24/2007, 07:23 AM
Puty me in line in case it falls through.

Trip

BumpinTJ24
01/24/2007, 08:53 AM
havent heard anything back so it's yours if you want it.

BumpinTJ24
01/25/2007, 12:12 AM
There are 7 x-10's not 8

NEW PRICE $385 Shipped

radone
01/25/2007, 08:19 AM
Is this the AC II or the III?
put me in line please

BumpinTJ24
01/25/2007, 08:50 AM
ACII

Here is a pic of the setup:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9050/acii3zz.jpg

So far alot of interests but no one serious

Ram

radone
01/25/2007, 09:24 AM
PM Sent

BumpinTJ24
01/25/2007, 04:52 PM
Still available

elliotklinger
01/30/2007, 02:27 AM
Would love to have one but money is low. Are you taking on best offers?

BumpinTJ24
01/30/2007, 08:45 AM
No, sorry.

BumpinTJ24
02/07/2007, 09:05 AM
$375

1st paypal gets it.

erickrm
02/07/2007, 09:46 AM
hey cany ou connect via the web with this one??

BumpinTJ24
02/07/2007, 09:51 AM
taken from NeptuneSys.com

Direct Modem Connection
The AquaController II can be directly connected via a serial cable to an external modem. The modem can then be used to send a remote page of the conditions of the tank at the time of the alarm. The data sent to the pager includes the current AquaController II serial number, temperature, pH, and ORP.

The external modem can also be used to allow a remote PC running AquaNotes to dial in and access the AquaController II. With the PC connected to the AquaController II the current status can be monitored, the datalog can be retrieved, and the controller's configuration may be modified.

If you had other questions I would recommend e-mailing Neptunesys to get a definite answer.

erickrm
02/07/2007, 10:15 AM
alright thnx i will let you know depending on what they tell me.

BumpinTJ24
02/07/2007, 06:20 PM
$350

Need to get rid of this, dont even have a tank setup anymore.

1st paypal gets it

BumpinTJ24
02/07/2007, 11:47 PM
$335 which includes the 3% paypal fees

BumpinTJ24
02/08/2007, 01:05 AM
SOLD!

rcgates
02/13/2007, 05:21 PM
sure the item sold and I paid, but Ram has not shipped it and is not refusing to provide status.

The Paypal account he had me send the money to has also been turned off!

ccorpse27
02/13/2007, 06:39 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9233643#post9233643 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rcgates
sure the item sold and I paid, but Ram has not shipped it and is not refusing to provide status.

The Paypal account he had me send the money to has also been turned off!

Wow. Lot of thieves on RC lately.

kenettson1
02/13/2007, 06:54 PM
I was thining about buying this. Glad I didnt.

erickrm
02/13/2007, 07:44 PM
wow man that really sux :( i hope you can get your money back bro! right when you bought it i was getting ready to pm for paypal addy..... sorry to hear that bro.... good luck.

BumpinTJ24
02/13/2007, 08:52 PM
Dude, not cool. I had a family emergency and I had to go to Dallas this weekend. Just got back yesterday evening. Damn...the nerve of some people. Tracking # is 790671372552 incase anyone wants to check it out going 3-day Fedex fully insured. Mind you he wants it shipped to an unconfirmed address so i'm not protected through paypal if you want to be a [profanity] about it.

ccorpse27
02/13/2007, 10:20 PM
Drop him an email if you're going to be away. These emergencies always seem to crop up whenever someone drops a lot of money and then doesn't hear from the seller. Not saying it's a bad excuse but how would you feel if you spent a few hundred bucks and didn't hear anything.

BumpinTJ24
02/13/2007, 10:42 PM
i'm pretty sure i would wait at least a couple of days before crying out loud saying i was ripped off. Stuff happens, and my cousin who just died had priority over everything else this past weekend. Some people are just paranoid and need to stick to STORES. There is nothing to be afraid about, he is protected through paypal.

geo
02/14/2007, 06:17 AM
The selling forums are for selling, we have a feed back forum for displaying positive or negative transactions.

This thread has been closed.