PDA

View Full Version : question involving peppermint shrimp

masterqaz
01/12/2007, 09:03 PM
I have this nice sized stenopus hispidus and im wondering if he'll have any problems with a pair of the peppermints. Other than that i have 2 seahorses, purple firefish, greenchromis, possum wrasse (wetmorella) and a cleaner shrimp. this all being in a sixty five tall with 80-100 pounds of live rock.

alan214
01/12/2007, 09:30 PM
The Coral Banded Shrimp should be fine in that setup.

alan214
01/12/2007, 09:39 PM
I think I spoke too soon. I just read somewhere that CBS's can be agressive toward other shrimp. You need to keep a close eye on everyone to make sure they don't fight.

frederickk
01/13/2007, 10:43 AM
Your CBS's can be aggresive toward your peppermint shrimps. Have a look of the behavior of the CBS to see if he tend to chase them.

I did had three peppermint in my tank. But I know my CBS is pretty quiet as I had cleaner shrimp in there before.

crpeck
01/14/2007, 03:03 AM
The Banded Coral will probably try to chase the Peppermints, but most likely will give up when he realizes he can't catch them. Peppermints move like greased lightning and the BCS is like slow motion in comparison.

Navyblue
01/14/2007, 08:39 AM
I used to have a coral banded shrimp. Their main weapon is the huge claw, other than that they can't really do anything to other shrimp. Once I tried to remove it with a net to make room for other shrimps, and in the process it actually dropped both of its claw (I didn't break them, and they'll grow back). Not that I actually advise that. :D