PDA

View Full Version : Turbo snail slime?

muffin_man
01/10/2007, 01:42 AM
I put two turbo snails into my 12g on friday, and I've noticed them leaving giant slime trails occasionally. I can't find any mention of this anywhere! They look almost like gooey spider webs.

Is this normal? What are they doing?

Amoore311
01/11/2007, 09:07 AM
Ya know I noticed this yesterday as well.

I tossed 2 small breed nets in my display to seperate to small damsels that were getting harassed. The slime is only comming off the netting. I also noticed tiny white spots on my glass that when looking very closely look like little snails.

Maybe a mating behavior?

muffin_man
01/12/2007, 03:32 AM
You have the white spots too? Wow, weird. Must be little snails then. I was hoping they were pods or Featherdusters, but I guess a half million snails is just what this tank needs.

Amoore311
01/12/2007, 08:37 AM
Well I know for sure

they are pods nor featherdusters. Reason being I have no L/R in the tank at the moment and have never introduced pods.

If they are stuck to the glass and are hard take a look very closely. They look like a VERY tiny snail, The shell resembles a common pond snail shell.

I only have Turbo's in my tank so It's gotta be from them. I don't think the offspring survive to maturity in a home aquarium though.

muffin_man
01/12/2007, 02:49 PM
You're probably right. Some of my "dots" now look like loops or circular squiggles.