PDA

View Full Version : yellow coris wrasse

leshnign
01/07/2007, 09:23 PM
i have a yellow coris wrasse that i placed in my display about 2 days ago. every thing has appeared to be ok. i didn't see any fish acting aggressive towards the wrasse or anything like that. the wrasse was invisible the first day, but has been pretty active today. he's been eating, and just picking at the rockwork. i went out to dinner, and when i got home the wrasse was lying on his side on the bottom. he also seems to have labored breathing. i don't know if he went at it with another fish or what. maybe just stressed?? he was qt'ed before he was introduced to the display(@4wks). should i move him back to the qt tank, or just let things play out?

tankmates:
kole tang
scooter blenny
pair onyx clowns
algae blenny
dwarf cherub angel
orange spotted goby

any advice would be appreciated

thanks,
john

Abraham1907
01/07/2007, 10:05 PM
I have no expierience with this fish, nor do I have any idea whats wrong with the fish, but to me the logical thing would be to put it back in qt. I wouldn't have even though twice about it. You are luck enought to have found it still alive, I would do what i can to save the fish.

leshnign
01/07/2007, 10:09 PM
yea, i put it back in right when i posted this thread. i hope he does alright. he's a beautiful fish. thanks