PDA

View Full Version : Hey UH OH, is this SOP?

hubris007
01/07/2007, 08:29 PM
I count 14, but can't tell for sure. Seems like it might border on excessive force...

click me (http://break.com/index/i_think_he_would_opted_for_a_tazer.html)

coyoteseven
01/07/2007, 08:52 PM
Looks like somebody needs to report to the range for remedial training!

A simple double-tap to the solar plexis region should have been all that was needed... sheesh, what a waste of ammo. :(

Aliie
01/07/2007, 08:56 PM
Last I checked 2 was 1 to many. I simple shot between the eyes and its loghts out.

coyoteseven
01/07/2007, 09:00 PM
Double-tap to greatest center area of mass used to be SOP in FBI sanctioned range courses... but that's been over 10 years ago since I ran a firing range... things may have changed, especially after 9/11.

UH_OH_5_OH
01/07/2007, 09:01 PM
hubris.....there are actually TWO views of this incident. This one and one from another dashcam. The officer that you see in this video who "appears" to initiate the shoot....is actually returning fire....the suspect pulled a weapon and fired upon another officer and this officer was firing in defense of his partner. If I remember correctly the suspect fired 3-4 shots in quick succession and THEN the officers returned fire.

Coyote trust me when I tell you......its NEVER a simple anything ! I am beaten and broken today because it wasn't a "simple" anything and my partner opted not to endanger my life in an effort to eliminate the suspect that I was fighting !

Also.....as most officers will tell you....training does not consist of teaching officers to double-tap....the training is to fire until the threat is defeated. Speaking from experience....and Joey Chitwood can back me on this....You start firing rounds into someone who is on PCP, tweeking on Meth or some other major stimulant (not double mocha lattes) and they simply just don't go to the ground with two or even three shots ! They keep coming at you so you keep squeezing the trigger until they do stop coming at you.

coyoteseven
01/07/2007, 09:40 PM
Trust me UH_OH, I know the real deal... Nov. 1988, got a nice 9mm scar, from a late Angel Duster, on my lower right leg along with chronic calf pain from embedded scar tissue to prove it.

That's why I also preferred the .45ACP over 9mm... the bigger hammer theory worked for me. ;)

UH_OH_5_OH
01/07/2007, 09:47 PM
45 opens up all sorts of possibilities....and bodily organs !

coyoteseven
01/07/2007, 09:50 PM
Especially Silver Tips and HydraShock. :D

petoonia
01/07/2007, 09:54 PM
Its nice to see you boys found something to play nice with. All it took were some guns and ammo!!!

UH_OH_5_OH
01/07/2007, 10:23 PM
HECK...Just add a couple cases of beer....a monster truck and a couple of coon hounds and well....I think that would put us in Ninas backyard !

roadracer
01/07/2007, 10:32 PM
Cops have it BAD!!! I say if your gunna run, resist arrest or engauge in a high-speed persuit than the moron endangering everyone else should be stopped at all cost. I wish cops had as many "rights" as the .....uhm, jerks do. I like Japanese police way. you run; you get put down. Crime is almost non-existant there compared to here because of that. I hate to see ANYONE get hurt but cops need to be aloud to end stuff before it starts but they legaly can't. One more thing, when a cop tells you to stay down & you repeatedly try to get up (endangering the other police officers) than mace 'em beat em, what ever it takes to keep control of the situation. My Dad did security system stuff & it's AMAZING how many time lawyers cryed abuse but failed to focus on the 10+ minutes of the wrestling match that took place before the cop took it to the next level. Hit a cop/run from a cop = get put down.

hubris007
01/07/2007, 11:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8922067#post8922067 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by UH_OH_5_OH
If I remember correctly the suspect fired 3-4 shots in quick succession and THEN the officers returned fire.

That makes sense. I couldn't figure out where the extra shots were coming from.

the training is to fire until the threat is defeated.

Unfortunately, then you get incidents like the poor guy leaving his bachelor party that got filled with holes by the popo. People start asking things like, "were all those holes really necessary?" and "did the guy really deserve that?" and"do the cops have to pay for their own ammo or is all this poor accuracy coming out of my pocketbook?"

As for the keep shootin' 'til they stop movin'... if you unload all your clips in the first perp, how will you kill his homies?

Scuba_Dave
01/07/2007, 11:04 PM
I guess you need to be properly informed about the full story before making a decision:

Excessive?: The guy was armed and just shot at police. The only mistake the cops made was no head shot.

UH_OH_5_OH
01/07/2007, 11:05 PM
hubris....I heard this thought in a class I attended...Its totally true !

Your sidearm is your defensive weapon ! It defends YOU just long enough to get to your patrol rifle !

coyoteseven
01/07/2007, 11:15 PM
MMMMMM...

SPAS12...

3"Magnum...

00 Buck

12 each .33cal lead balls smacking into perp

Good day at the office!!!

Coffee and donuts on me, boys! :D