PDA

View Full Version : New Torch Coral Coming

Phyxius
01/07/2007, 04:25 PM
Just bought another coral from Chad at Reefscience here on RC. I have another torch that has grown really , really well in our tank. I saw this on Chads site today and knew I wanted to grow this one out too. I`ve never seen one colored like this before and I hope it keeps its color. Anyone ever seen this color combo before? If so did it keep its color when it grew out? First time I`ve been a little anxious to pick up a coral :) Its a green version with orange colored tips :)

My current one grew out from a 4-5" 3 head one to a 12" across multi headed one in a yr or so. Its a tan with yellow tip coloration one

http://www.reefscience.com/images/corals/0107/DSCF0167.JPG

johnnybravo234
01/07/2007, 04:59 PM
Looks like a beauty. Id say it shouldn't change much but you cant really judge whether or not it will look exactly like that in your tank as no coral looks the same in every tank. I had a torch before and its colors never changed until it was stung and killed by an anemone.. Im looking into buying the a. jacquelinae at reefscience.com. They've got some nice stuff on there. Good luck

Phyxius
01/07/2007, 05:21 PM
I`ve been lucky so far as all the Corals I have bought from Chad have stayed the colors they were on the pages/pics and some even got brighter.
I`m also lucky enough to be able to go to his house to spend all my money once in awhile :)

I`ve just never seen one with orange tips and wondered if they changed or dulled out over time.. I also don't have a anenome for the reason you stated although the wife really wanted one.

dangtang25
01/07/2007, 05:30 PM
IMO the green looks a little bleached, and I highly doubt those tips are orange.. they look white to me..

sry not trying to rain on your parade.. just giving my opinion.

Phyxius
01/07/2007, 05:43 PM
dangtang25,
It may or may not be but I bought one a long time back that WAS bleached(Not Chad but LFS) and had white tips and it looked way different from that. When it recovered it was another one like I have now with tan/brown and bright yellow tips. I`ve see plenty others that are bleached out and the one from Chad has the color visible still so I guess I`ll find out Tues. I guess we will see when I pick it up if it is or isnt. The bleached one looked like this. If it isn't I guess I got another not so usual coloration on one.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/78452100_1652__Small_.JPG

In a few weeks it turned to this:
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/78452000_0007__Small_.jpg

dangtang25
01/07/2007, 06:52 PM
ya we'll see.. the green just looks like its starting to blaeach out a bit.. either way it will be a nice torch im sure..

GL w/ it :-D

Phyxius
01/07/2007, 07:16 PM
dangtang25,
Heres hoping for the best and thanks :) In the last 2 yrs I have bought a few that surprised me in the end.

smariner
01/15/2007, 10:51 AM
How's that torch Mike? Still have orange tips? ;)

Thanks again,
Chad D. Bryant

Phyxius
01/15/2007, 10:58 AM
Chad,
One of the heads its a little limp looking but all the others are doing great. Still has the orange tips and looks really neat with just actinics on at night.
Thanks again and was nice chatting/visiting with you again. Looks like we will probably be back out to get those small clams my kids were drooling over :)

keaton
01/15/2007, 02:03 PM
looks great!!

smariner
01/18/2007, 05:53 PM
Sweet!

cb