PDA

View Full Version : PB tang and Ich (PIC)

baloutang
01/07/2007, 12:34 PM
Ok, I didn't realize that PB get ich easily until after the fact. So, here I am with my PB who now is in my main tank after 30days in QT and now with Ich. All params in both tanks were closely matched only diff is QT tank is 30gal nano.

PB has had the ich for well over 3 weeks, but his color is good and he's eating like a pig. My assumption is that he'll get over it, but in the meantime my wife had bought me a blenny who's now in the QT and will eventually need to go into the main tank.

My question is, should I still dose the 150 gal with kick ich or is it safe to stop dosing and turn on my skimmers which have been off for 3 weeks. I know ich can run a long course.

I do 5 % water changes weekly (and once a month do a 20% change) and I feed all fish in the tank food soaked in selcon and garlic xtreme.

I'm attaching a pic of my PB (I lightened the pic a bit to show the ich on the fins), but the PB face and body is really a darker color than what is shown.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/baloutang/Ich/Picture167.jpg

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

baloutang
01/07/2007, 12:36 PM
Oh by the way, catching the fish and tearing down my display tank is definitely not an option at this point in time.

ronjeremy
01/07/2007, 01:00 PM
i would say there is not anything you can do if you don't catch the fish.just keep feeding him the Selcon and garlic...that Kick-ich you have is worthless stuff.why did you release him out of qt???

Hattie B
01/07/2007, 01:09 PM
I would have to agree.

Also have you ever tried to catch him? Its not as hard as people think, especially with a bigger fish. You and your wife could use a tag team. Put the net in the tank and start feeding the fish, it might take a couple of days even a week but eventually he will get comfy and come to the top to feed and then the other person swoops in with the net (worked on a clown in a 210 I recently purchased).

The only problem is now your main display has ick so be prepared for other fish that you add if they are in less then optimal quality they could possibily get it too.

baloutang
01/07/2007, 01:34 PM
PB didn't have ich when he was transferred from the QT, he was fine and 2 weeks after the transfer to main tank he got ich. I'm wondering if it's because of the powerheads in the main tank that are causing the undo stress.

IPowderBlueTang
01/08/2007, 12:08 AM
I have a PBT and it will get ich once in awhile but I just leave it in the tank and it gets better with no meds. I have had it for 2 years and don't have any concerns when it and the Hippo tang gets ich! They are fat and healthy but still get ich!!!!!!!!!

But that is just my experience, I am not telling you to do nothing about the ich!
When I first got the PBT when it got ich, I ripped apart the tank to get him into quarantine!

baloutang
01/08/2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks IPowderBlueTang, that is my thinking as well...I've never owned a PB before (guess I should have researched more before owning), but mine is fat and always eating and all other fishes in tank show no signs of ich.