PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my reef?

38bill
01/04/2007, 12:29 PM
I am new to RC and I have been looking for some info on feeding a reef, foods (Marine Snow etc) and frequency. Can anyone help me out or point me to any existing discussion reguarding this subject?

swjim
01/04/2007, 12:41 PM
It really depends upon what types of fish and corals you have as well as how mature your live rock are and whether or not you're running a refugium, sand bed, etc.

This is a good read that might be helpful to you: http://forum.marinedepot.com/Topic20086-9-1.aspx Eric Borneman has written books on Corals - he knows his stuff!

Lev F.
01/04/2007, 12:58 PM
There's this ingredients break-up thing that I've seen a couple of years back that had like a graph of the amount of stuff in certain reef foods, and Marine Snow was like 83% water. I like Reef Chili, but I also feed Kent Zooplex and Kent Micro-Vert. I target about once a week, give or take a day or two.

jimbo045
01/04/2007, 01:20 PM
Frozen Brine cubes is what I use. JD

jimbo045
01/04/2007, 01:21 PM
Frozen Brine cubes is what I use. Twice a day.

Symbiote
01/04/2007, 01:40 PM
How do you guys feel about feeding with Daphnia? I've been feeding my tank with mostly Daphnia since I fist started using frozen food.

roons
01/04/2007, 08:01 PM
i feed ocean nutrition cubes + pe mysis + cyclopeeze + zooplankton + krill..................every three days, also on these days i dose phyto feast, roti feast and seachems reef plus (aminos) after lights out ....................i soak all fish food in garlic juice and kent marine-c ( these keep the ich away)........................on the 2 days between feasts i just put a nori clip in..................