PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with green bulb anemone

lsir
01/03/2007, 11:21 PM
My green bulb anemone from day one has choosen to hide in my live rock. He seemed to contort his body so he could stick his bulbs out during the day and retreave at night. Now I added one mj1200 w/mod and my anemone fled! I even tried two units at one point but it just seem to over whelm him. Anyway with my returns and one high flow MJ he buried himsely deep in my live rock. After several days I decided to dig him out, so I moved most of my LR to get to him and decided to face the rock he was on to the out side. Within four hours he was gone deep in the structure again. Now every day I place a powerhead through the openings in the LR to blow on him and get him to move out on his own. No such luck! he moves just barely enough to avoid the direct stream but stays deep in the structure. Any advise???

dippin61
01/04/2007, 04:18 PM
you probably have to much flow.

TWallace
01/04/2007, 05:27 PM
How long have you had it? Mine did the same thing for the first month or two. It was constantly hiding from the lights (T5s). Then it started to come out gradually and has been fully exposed to the light ever since. It likes to leave its tube hidden from the light though, usually attached to the underside of a rock and extending it's tentacles out above it.

SpektralerSpeer
01/04/2007, 05:55 PM
Hello,

My quadricolor is similar, its base extends from a nook in the rocks, it goes quite deep inside the rockwork but the crown is outside in full light. I have had it for about a month now. Everything is fine except the frustrating way it has placed itself - behind the rockwork so I can hardly see it...

Paul

Hattie B
01/04/2007, 06:00 PM
they move where they are comfortable at too. If it were me I would not keep moving it around, let it get comfortable on its own.

my bubble does the same thing as TWallace bubble. Of course, I would like to see it in its fully glory everyday, but as long as it's happy and eating I think that is better overall. MO

lsir
01/06/2007, 04:35 PM
It seems as if we all share the same experience. I am going on a month now. Today he is starting to expose his crown a little and I was actually able to feed him some shrimp. His base is still barried in the rock structure but again it sounds like others are experiencing the same think. Thanks for sharing.

dragonforce
01/06/2007, 05:14 PM
Your best bet is to leave the anemone alone. I know it can be very exciting but the animal will do better if you just allow it to adjust and find its own spot.

I had a bleaching anemone get sucked into a hagen power filter intake and now I have 3 anemones all healthier than the original.