PDA

View Full Version : Chromis with skin disease

crrichey
01/03/2007, 05:53 PM
I have had this chromis for a few months. Recently he developed a lession above his right eye. Durring this outbreak he continued to eat like a pig and act normall. Well after that he has developed the same thing on top of his head. Once again he is eating and acting normally. My other chromis has not developed this disease nor has my sunrise dottyback. I cannot take a picture as he is almost impossible to photograph. I am debating whether I should QT him as I am afraid that the stress will push him over the edge. Any suggestions? I tryed garlic enriched pellets but my fish are unable to swallow them.

DEXTER SOLIS
01/03/2007, 10:31 PM
if its brown, it seems to be a common thin among green chrom. nothing you can do, but the good thing is that it sticks with chromis only.

tapm
01/04/2007, 02:48 PM
I had three green chromis all die within a week of each other. They all went through a copper QT before I put them in my main tank. A couple had red lessions on them but they healed up nicely in the copper. After about two- three weeks of being in my main tank they developed more red lesions and die within a day or so. The last one I was able to catch and freshwater dip him before it died and I found a nasty looking ergasilid copepod on him. I am now hoping it doesn't spread to my other fish and doing more research on these copepods. I think the chromis died from secondary infections due to the wounds from the copepods.