PDA

View Full Version : Moving tank problem!!!

justinpsmith
01/03/2007, 03:16 PM
I couldnt get an answer in the other forum, so I thought I would try here! I am moving a 40G into a 65G and need a bit of help. I have added new sand to the new 65 and filled it with about 20G of water. There is still a bit of a sand storm going and I was wondering if this is bad for fish? The plan is to put my puffer in a temp. 10G tank until his new home is set up. Then I will transfer the LR and water from the 40G to the 65. Test to make sure everything is the same as the 40G was. I hope to get the puffer back into the 65G really quick because he gets very stressed easily! But what I am worried about, is all the debris and murky water...Is this bad for the fish? I am hoping that when the tank has more water in it and the skimmer running that the water will clear up a bit quicker...Any thoughts?

2fishy
01/03/2007, 03:26 PM
I don't think it is bad for the fish at all. When I have moved rock around in the tank when a fish was going nutso on me after adding new fish, it created a huge sand storm and everyone seemed unaffected by it.

spmedi
01/03/2007, 03:39 PM
I've got to do the eact same thing. Move at 40 into a 65.
I'm more concerned about adding more rock than the sand storm I will cause.

Any advise on that?

justinpsmith
01/03/2007, 04:18 PM
I got all the new rock about two weeks ago. It was cured LR and its been in a holding tank. Shouldnt be a big deal to add new rock if its fully cured I think.

jasper24
01/03/2007, 04:45 PM
It sounds like it is too late but if you put the sand in and then put plastic trash bags held down with saucers or plates and then pour the water in you will not have a sand storm.