PDA

View Full Version : My new baby puffer is lazy or sick?

submethod
07/20/2002, 07:17 PM
Hello all,

I just got a new puffer, 4 days ago, about 2 inchs long. He eats alot of frozen food but appears to be lazy. Most of the time he will hang out on top of one of RIO power heads and appear tired.

the ocupants of my tank are :
1 baby huma trigger 2 inchs
1 yellow tang 3 inchs
1 Koran 3 inchs
1 clown OS 2 inchs
1 Lunar Wrasse 3.5 inchs
2 hermits ( big ones) 2-3 inchs

I have alot of rock and i own a 75 gallon tank. I have 2 fluvals 304 and 404. I know that some of my fish will outgrow the tank, I am prepared later to either buy an bigger one or simply give them away to someone else when too large. my levels are fine and salinity is fine too.

Thanks for your help.:eek1: :)

Naruomi
07/21/2002, 12:46 AM
Hiya~
I got a spiny and valentini, and they act pretty much the same. Puffers are noctornal so they're usually more active during the evening, and tired during the day. My puffers are always hovering somewhere in the corner, or lounging on something, usualy the powerhead. Well, they do it less and less nowa days, but ocassionally i'll see one of them sittin somewhere, takin a nap. See if he comes out when the lights are off during the night. If he still swims around he's fine, but if he's actin wierd you might wanna get it checked out.

billsreef
07/21/2002, 05:48 AM
Sounds like a typicall puffer. Eat some, laz about the reef, eat some more, hide out in the cave. What a life ;)