PDA

View Full Version : Snap...snap

blot60
01/03/2007, 04:02 AM
I'm sitting here watching Deep Blue, ( Awsome Documentary) and I hear ...SNAP SNAP SNAP...SNAP SNAP. I have been trying for months to find the source. Night viewing, Feeding time etc. I wish I could just see it.. ARGH! It's probably a pistol but the snaps can be quite loud at times. The most snaps I have heard in a row are 5. Ooo there goes two more. I dont have any disappearing inhabitants so I'm not worried. I just want to see the dang thing. Oh well, Maybe when I transfer everything to my new 120 (YAY) I will see something. Till then Keep on Snappin.

jasper24
01/03/2007, 08:22 AM
It took me 6 months to find the source of my "snaps". They sound like a snail shell tapping loudly against the glass. Mine is a Mantis. It is about 1.5 to 2 inches and very cool looking. It is depleting my snail population though.

jgb23
01/03/2007, 08:39 AM
Yes, I like jasper24 hear the telltale snapping sound and mine is a confirmed Mantis shrimp. I have had an ongoing battle with this sucker for the last 10 days and trying to get him out of the tank.
Mine has killed all of my other shrimps, but at this point, has left my fish alone. I am still working on a plan to get rid of him.

delsol650
01/03/2007, 02:01 PM
Mine are a bunch of pistols .... from TBS... have probly several of them. my 2 inch gorrilla was my culprit in killing snails and hermits... caught him in the act.. now is scewered into the sand and being eaten by my tongan nassarius snails.. ( a little payback )

Lev F.
01/03/2007, 03:16 PM
Mine is a mix of Mantis, Pistols and Dueling Hermit Crabs.

blot60
01/04/2007, 02:10 AM
I hope I find a Mantis. I have a nice little 10 gal in the geeradge for him.