Scuba_Dave
12/22/2006, 05:13 PM
Just on the news, so sad
The boy had zero brain activity, they took what organs they could
His twin sister will recover

:(

2fishy
12/22/2006, 06:07 PM
OMG! That is so sad! :mad2: I think that it should be taught that if you can't handle a baby crying that they need to put the baby down in the crib and get some air. There is nothing wrong with leaving a baby cry for a couple of minutes if you need to collect yourself. And if you can't collect yourself then you need to call the hospital, a friend, your church, a church, the fire department, or the police, but do NOT shake your children!!!!!!!!!:(

RandalB
12/22/2006, 06:21 PM
Kinda makes me want to shake the parents for 5-10 minutes...

Tarkus70
12/23/2006, 06:52 AM
See My rant in the other topic about baby in microwave. I'd be happy to lend them the gun when they shoot them

batguano
12/23/2006, 08:47 AM
I prosecuted a father who caused brain damage to his four month old son by shaking him with the force eqivalent to a forty mph auto crash. This was eleven years ago, I was a kid and single. That was a trial that lasted about one week. Biological Dad (no actual human father would do this) went to jail. I couldn't process how anyone, let alone a father could do that to a child. Now that I am a father of three I am even more outraged at incidents of shaken baby syndrome because I now realize that I would die protecting my family.

What I took away from that experience is that all we can do is be good people ourselves because, unfortunately, you can't expect humanity from others all the time. This is a sad topic and IMO not a good one for the holidays. I reccomend this thread instead

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1000650

Sk8r
12/23/2006, 05:34 PM
I think we need more opportunity for people who don't want/can't handle infants to just drop them off at the nearest hospital, sign a paper ceding parental rights and go away.