Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs

Old 10/01/2001, 08:37 PM
Pulling my hair out

My nano to be no more...

Well...got a new assignment at work that'll have me offsite for 2 months, so the nano's comin home...I'm gonna move the occupants into my 65g reef for now, so the nano'll be empty for a while. I have a 2nd 7g bowfront now, was thinkin about drillin it and connecting the two? Anybody done this? It'll be a while til I can even think about doing it, but it's a thought anyhow...The good thing about this is is the wife finally gets her orange mushrooms

Q!!!
Old 10/01/2001, 09:43 PM
Did I do that?

Gosh Q-ball I hate hearing that after all the work you went through. If you like I can watch it for you. Really though, the idea about putting the nanos together sounds really cool. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
Old 10/02/2001, 08:17 AM
Pulling my hair out

Hi Vince...yeah, it kinda sux, but at the same time I love setting up tanks so this'll give give me a chance to try something new. If I can get one of the tanks drilled, or get a bit myself, I think I'm gonna try linking two 7g bowfronts. And like I said, Mrs Q is happy that those orange mushrooms are coming home

Q!!!
Old 10/02/2001, 08:52 PM
Guakamolian Nemesis

Q,

Man, sorry to hear that dude. Hope this is just a vacation from nano reefing and once you are back, the nano will come to live again better than before!

Carlos

"Only a fool wants to hear the echo of his own voice."
Old 10/03/2001, 09:37 AM
Pulling my hair out

Thanks Los...yeah, I'm pretty sure the nano will be recreated, it's just a question of in what form and what inhabitants. I don't think I'll do it at work again though. While it was nice being able to share with my friends here at work, it was also a bit of a hassle. But who know what the future holds

Q!!!