Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Chico Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/05/2007, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Dendros group buy?

Anyone want to do a group buy with me on Dendros? I've been asking some fellow Reefers and also certain online places. Cost will probably be 40+ per dendro polyp but still uncertain, waiting to hear back from some places. I might be able to get it cheaper. Group buys will allow us to save on shipping!

Put your name down here if you might want some dendros and how many polyps.

If I find any other place that has them cheaper, I will be sure to let people know.
Old 09/05/2007, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

I'd go for 1 polyp, maybe two if we can get a better price. What colors do they come in, again? I like the bright red/orange.
Old 09/05/2007, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

I'm looking so will update people on prices.

There are a few slight color morphs for dendro coccinea. I've seen ones with a really light/white colored tentacles, ones with orange tentacles, etc. Still magnificent though. The tentacles even if they are white, yellow, or orange are transparent.......you can see right through them.

Here are some pics for those that don't know how pretty dendros are:

WOWZERS!

Left is dendro, right is branching suncoral. Look at size difference

MOre dendros

WOW!! Orange on left, whitish one on right
Old 09/05/2007, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

Great idea Mike. I apreciate this offer but I'm not in a habit right now of directly feeding my corals. Plus, any (is there any?) additional funds are going towards my upgrade first. Maybe catch me next time.

Good luck.
Old 09/05/2007, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Chris you feed your fish right? If so, its pretty easy to feed a dendro. Get a turkey baster and blast a bit of food like you would to your fish. THe dendro will catch the food with its tentacles and eat it.

I just found a guy who might have some colonies for sale I hope.
He mentioned 3 med w/1 baby for 80 so thats a good deal. Lets see what else he has.

Come on Chico guys..........get into rare and cool looking corals! Doubt you will see dendros and others at the local stores. Dendros look like suncoral but you show me your biggest suncoral polyp and I bet my biggest dendro will dwarf it by a LOT plus mine stays open all day!

Mike
Old 09/06/2007, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

Since I couldn't get on reefcentral yesterday.

I want one or two depending on the price you get. What do you feed them directly Mike. I feed my corals directly and actually like doing it so another one to feed is fine. Especially since I have wanted a dendro since I saw yours.

Melissa
Old 09/06/2007, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

I am glad RC is back up! Couldn't get in yesterday afternoon!

You can feed them stuff like pellets, flakes but meaty foods is best like brine shrimp for the babies or small ones and mysis/small piece of squid for the large heads.

The pictures above should convince people why they should get a dendro.
Old 09/06/2007, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Guys found one colony which I'm getting:

3 small/medium heads and 1 small baby growing on one of them.

Same person has a colony that has 3 large heads, 4 medium heads, and few babies and some more budding out. I think he is wanting 275-300. Thats a pretty good deal cuz your gettling like 10+ heads.

I'll see if I can find some smaller colonies like 1-2 head ones instead of 5+ head ones.