Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 09:14 PM
Premium Member

oh, well I don't have a colt, the one I referenced was a kimber, I can tell you that my Springfield has 6# of pull which is also more, your bio says retired USMC, IIRC the M1911A2 was standard issue until it was replaced with the Beretta m9 in ~85, you never shot a 1911? a m14 is ~7# of pull and a m16 line is ~5# so you get the idea
Old 01/08/2008, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Did you really think they ship them for free???

And what on earth makes you think those little elbows should hold over 4 lbs. What freakin' pump are you trying to hang from that thing??? I know the pump I am using to run both (maxi-jet 606) is know where near that! Here's a thought...make the hose a little longer and rest the pump on the bottom of the sump. See, told ya I was a genius!
Old 01/08/2008, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

I got mine for 32 bucks plus around 8 from shipping from Dr F&S. Ordered my GFO from twopart, and havent had any issue's with the reactor. Works great.
Old 01/08/2008, 09:22 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crossi92
Did you really think they ship them for free???

And what on earth makes you think those little elbows should hold over 4 lbs. What freakin' pump are you trying to hang from that thing??? I know the pump I am using to run both (maxi-jet 606) is know where near that! Here's a thought...make the hose a little longer and rest the pump on the bottom of the sump. See, told ya I was a genius!
well it has gone 4 pages but some where back there I mentioned I used a 404. the point is that 4# of pressure is not very much, did you look at the mod I did on it? which would you rather have, my mod would cost TLF basically nothing. you don't even have to bump it very hard to knock those elbows off. the most likely time to do that is when you are cleaning your skimmer or something where you already have your hands full and the last thing you need is a hose pumping 25gph in some odd direction. I think the elbow design sucks, I am glad you like it.. I do not

no I do not expect them to ship them for free but "what do you expect for $30" is a little disingenuous
Old 01/08/2008, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

5.56 I joined in 1990, so it was Berretta 9mm for me. I would like to have a hour with a Kimber. Now back on topic I have had no problems with my reactor. Shoot a PM if you wanna talk guns or service stories.
Old 01/08/2008, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

I agree with some points but you went about this completely the wrong way, and nobody likes that. You won't get any help being like that, and nobody is going to take you seriously.
Old 01/08/2008, 09:54 PM
Premium Member

I am sorry about that, but go back and re read the OP, I was very disappointed and embarrassed that I had recommended this gift from my father

I was not really asking for help, I think I did a pretty good job on it. that tube bending technique can be used in many applications and works well.

the thing is this, all I have heard about RG were glowing reviews, they have the best prices and inventory in town on the Neptune line which I love. all I ever heard were great things about TLF reactor. this was definitely not my experience. if you peruse back through the thread, you will find there are many who agree with me on the deficiencies of the TLC reactor, it is just that the flames stick out, I suspect there are many more out there that just did not want to be flamed, I don't really care all that much about flaming.. I can say that it does rub me the wrong way when someone flames me that obviously did not read the entire thread,

anyway, if anyone liked any of the mods I did and want's any help with them, I am always glad to help
Old 01/08/2008, 10:46 PM
RC Mod

Thread closed.