Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/30/2007, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Bubble coral w/o skeleton

About two months I ordered a bunch of corals which all pretty much died due to zero heat packs and 30 degree weather. The green bubble fell apart, about half is still on the skeleton with babies popping up on the dead part. It's moved into my hospital tank. Today I was rearranging the tank it originally went into and found a very happy looking cluster of bubbles with no skeleton. So is there any chance of this making it, regenerating new skeleton? Should I try gluing it to rock? Any ideas?
Old 12/31/2007, 12:04 AM
Premium Member

Leave it alone. Do not glue to a rock. Their is a chance of recovery. The only suggestion I would make is maybe placing the cluster of bubbles that detached in a small bowl in the bottom of the tank. Just to keep him from getting lost in the rockwork again. Some lps corals like yours do this as a last resort for survival.
Old 12/31/2007, 07:22 AM
always hungry

I would normally say, it's a goner, but check out this thread.
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1229119
Old 12/31/2007, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Well it's in a low flow spot, stuck back in the corner of my aquapod and since it's been there for at least 1 1/2 months on it's own I guess I'll leave it be and check my calcium and alk. A couple weeks ago we found a little white bubble floating around and couldn't figure out what it was and my b/f insisted it was a bubble baby but I thought he was nuts. Well I'll check on it once it a while and see what happens anyways.