Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 06/27/2007, 02:04 AM
August TFR Relay '07

Sellers beware of Reefgeek84

shipped a pack of frags to brandon perron in portland, oregon on 6/13 and just got notified by paypal of a credit card chargeback for the full amount. no email sent from him regarding anything and no answering any pm's.

sounds like something fishy is going on.
Old 06/27/2007, 02:52 AM
King of the white corals

Did you just today get notified and just today try to contact him??

I know brandon and this doesnt sound like him. I hope you gave him ample time to respond and make good on it before posting this.
Old 06/27/2007, 09:34 AM
August TFR Relay '07

hi flyyyguy,
yes. he got my PM and didn't reply. what really irks me is that there was no correspondence regarding why he is trying to get the entire full amount of $380 (which includes shipping) of the order. the frags were primo ones and included my pink lemonade, sand dollar blue matrix, lime in the sky, aqua delight and cali tort.

that same day i shipped out frags to texas and arizona and all arrived well.
Old 06/27/2007, 11:15 AM
reef aquarium god

greaaat....i just bought his ph controller he had for sale..i hope it arrives here in the proper condition.
Old 06/27/2007, 03:34 PM
Premium Member

Hey Tim, sorry to hear about this and I hope it gets corrected. I just did a trade with Tim about 2 weeks ago for some very pricey corals and I can say that everything showed up as promised-
Old 06/27/2007, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

TFP I am sorry to hear about that bum who would do that to you.

Actually guys TFP is an excellent person to deal with. A friend of mine and I ordered some frags from TFP. I was having issues with my tank so I decided to hold off on ordering the frags for myself. Well TFP sent me the frags that I wanted anyway along with my friend's bought frags! Talk about customer service! This was $80 worth of free frags. You tell me who on this board would have done that!!!! I would glady do business with him just because of his integrity and his empathy towards a fellow reefer! The gesture he showed me let me know he's not about the $$$.
Old 06/27/2007, 07:27 PM
Premium Member

Tim,
What a huge bummer . I feel so bad for you. I hope you can get this worked out. What exactly is a "credit card chargeback" on paypal?

On a brighter note I have a big, fat frag of the Sunset monti from Paul sitting in my tank for you .
Old 06/27/2007, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

I hope u get this all resolved tim.
Old 06/27/2007, 07:55 PM
August TFR Relay '07

Quote:
Originally posted by tfp
...that same day i shipped out frags to texas and arizona and all arrived well.
sorry...keeperz, i meant nevada not arizona .

alicia, the "charge back" is new to me too . its when you basically dispute a purchase made via cc.

brandon, i just got your email and it doesn't add up one bit . for you to state you tried to get in touch with me via email for a week with no response is ridiculous. i check emails and RC daily (which is how YOU contacted ME!)
Old 06/27/2007, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

Tim,

I hate to hear this. Hopefully Brandon will do the right thing and give you back your money for the frags and shipping you sent him. Thats just not right at all.
Old 07/02/2007, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Wow, I read this and was pretty surprised, I've bought from reefgeek84 before, and he came through fine. Not necessarily the worlds friendliest person, but then, neither am I, and he sent the items just fine and in a timely manner. Overall the transaction was good and our mutual prickliness was kinda laughed about.

Very bummed to hear that you got burnt. Hope this get resolved soon.
Old 07/02/2007, 02:16 PM
Keeping It Real

Crappy... Hate to hear that happened to you Tim... It was one gorgeous pack you had put together...

Its not a hobby... Its a way of life...
Old 07/02/2007, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Any updates? Did you get your money yet? I sure hope so.
Old 07/07/2007, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

I am surprised this happened to you, Tim. I bought a $400 Tek light from Brandon and had a great transaction with him. The light was shipped quickly (all the way from Oregon to Texas) and arrived in great condition. I am sorry that happened to you. I would try to communicate with him again. I would bet you can get the problem squared up with him if you try.

Ted

Ted
Old 07/08/2007, 12:41 PM
August TFR Relay '07

lol...do you guys want the long or short synopsis .

bigtex, glad to hear things worked out for you.
Old 07/08/2007, 12:44 PM
King of the white corals

I wouldnt mind hearing the details.

Ive never had an issue with brandon and have dealt with him one several occasions. But i very much do not agree with a full credit card chargeback without clearly working out the details of with the seller first, and in that case it would be a refund...not a credit card chargeback

jmo
Old 07/08/2007, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

I'm at work.
I'll take the long version.

The memories of a man in his old age,
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.
Pink Floyd
Old 07/08/2007, 02:46 PM
August TFR Relay '07

i should have known from the very beginning that this transaction would be trouble. he posted on the original for sale thread and sent a PM stating he would take the frag pack.

during the next 6 days, i replied to his PM twice asking where would i be shipping to and even if he was still interested. no replies but i know he read them .

so i bump the thread as back up for sale. only then does he send me a PM saying he did reply and sorry we could not have done business.

at that point, i should have just left it. but i inquired what did he say in that PM. he said he downgraded to a 60 and is limited on space and needs to be selective on what he puts in. i tell him to look thru what i've got available to frag. he proceeds to lowball me on a great deal for what he picked out. we arrange a ship date and i ship on 6/13 (same day as keeperz and mmtowns friends stuff). per fedex, package delivered at 9:21am on 6/14.

i don't hear a peep until i get that nasty paypal email stating he's filed a credit card reversal on 6/26. so i send him both a PM and email asking what is going on with that. he received the PM (yes, brandon you did get it) but doesn't reply. so i post my buyer/seller feedback thread.

on 6/27, he emails me (wow, how'd i manage to receive this one ) stating:

- he'd been trying to email me for a week and never got a response
- only 1 frag made it past 3 hrs outside the containers and that died after 2 days
- since he didn't get any email response he went ahead with the chargeback and he will not cancel it.

i reply saying i never received any emails or PMs and that it was not very considerate.

he replies stating he has the emails to prove it and that he was completely unsatisfied and there is nothing more to discuss.

at this point, i'm pretty upset and say things out of my character. i call him a lowballer, flake and liar and say if you were dissatisfied, you would have IMMEDIATELY gotten in touch with me that same day. and that my phone number was even on the shipping label.

he states he cut that airbill all up and threw it away and that no one puts phone numbers on the air bill anyways and that he does not know what to tell me.

i tell him i don't know what to say either because i'm on RC and check emails daily.

he says he's got the emails as records to prove it and ASSUMED that since he didn't hear back from me via email he wouldn't hear back via RC either. also, that he's not about to pay for stuff dead and not as promised.

i reply saying:
- your emails can be falsified and that credit card companys know that.
- when i have a problem with an order/shipment/whatever, i immediately get in touch with that person by any means possible to let them know the status.
- your assumptions about not hearing back via RC is ridiculous since thats how we arranged the purchase.
- your "all or nothing" attitude shows your unwillingness to be reasonable which i WAS willing to do.

after that, he sent another email asking what i'd consider fair to work this out. i won't bother replying and will accept whatever the credit card company decides.

i'm just really upset at how this whole situation was handled. i felt shell-shocked and blind-sided and don't want to deal with him anymore. i should have known from the start.

to me, if you have a problem with an order, you immediately get in touch with that person by any means possible. and you'd probably send some pics along with it.

that excuse of tearing up and tossing the shipping label is just lame. i taped the sealed label to the top of an icecooler so you wouldn't have to tear anything. to open the cooler, just cut the tape that seals the lid closed. even if the label was tossed, couldn't you just get it from the garbage while scrambling to get ahold of me?

realistically, it sounds like the frags died in his system after a week or so. they were NOT dead upon arrival or within 3 hours or else he would have contacted me immediately. if you can email, you can PM .

i would have provided replacements if things were handled differently, but at this point i really don't care as all integrity is lost.

and i know during this entire fiasco, he was online here at RC browsing around.
Old 07/08/2007, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

wow now why doesn't he post his side? I'd be all over defending myself.
Old 07/08/2007, 05:05 PM

Honestly think you're getting ripped off tfp Everything you mentioned is EXACTLY what an honest, ethical person would do in that situation... IF the corals/shipment in fact had a problem... However, I doubt there was anything wrong with the shipment whatsoever. This guy is flat stealing. All his excuses are clearly BS... I've got half a dozen boxes from shipments in my garage, every one of them still has the shipping label on it. You're too busy unpacking the corals to worry about the box and then why even bother?

STEP UP Brandon... don't be a punk
Old 07/08/2007, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Yes it does sound like Brandon intends to rip Tim off. One thing is for sure. If he does not post his side of the story and do the right thing and give tfp the money he owes for the frags. Nobody else is ever going to trust him or sell him frags.

Unless, he can send you pics of the dead frags, I would not believe him that they died. I think he decided he just wanted free frags.
Old 07/08/2007, 07:08 PM
nucleosynthesis baby!

TFP... What comes around... goes around. He will get his.

Brandon... Why not treat others the way you would wish to be treated? Life is too short to spend it being dishonest at the expense of others. Put yourself in TFP's shoes.

PROVE YOUR CASE.... or give the man back his money.
Old 07/09/2007, 03:20 AM
Registered Member

Yikes. This all sounds odd. I put phone numbers on airbills all the time. What TFP has described as the way he'd have handled it matches what I would do, contact the shipper if things looked bad when I opened the box or died within 3 hours.
Old 07/09/2007, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

I think the lack of "the other side of the story" speaks loud and clear.

The memories of a man in his old age,
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.
Pink Floyd
Old 07/09/2007, 07:29 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Thurge
I think the lack of "the other side of the story" speaks loud and clear.
Very load and clear.
I purchased an AC Jr. from Brandon. It took way longer than it should have for him to ship. It also took me making it public that I hadn't received the item, and was getting no communication from him since he received my payment. This guy just has a HUGE red flag flying now.
Everyone should take notice before he has a chance to rip you off also. I did finally get my controller from him, not brand new like he stated, but USED, yes Brandon USED. Not to mention it didn't even have the manual with it. I PM'ed him asking if he still had it, and a week and a half later he replied with "go get it off line". My lesson was learned right then and there.
Reef Central should ban this guy for ripping both buyers and sellers off.
Now with my statement, how many people have posted negative experiences with him? Answer: TOO MANY. Reef Central needs to take note of this and ban him from these boards.
We are all waiting for a reply from this rip off artist.