Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05/09/2005, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

BUYERS BEWARE of Caesar777

BUYERS BEWARE of Caesar777

I recently received a CRUSHED Acrylic Aquarium from Caesar777 (slight exageration). The top of the tank is broken and the tank has has cracks going down the rear...

Caesar777 insists that I should file a claim with the shipper. The only problem with that is, I don't know what condition the tank was in when it was shipped. I could be subjecting myself to "insurance fraud" by attesting that the tank was not cracked when it was shipped. How do I know it wasn't cracked, I did not see it before it was shipped.

Caesar777 says I know it was not cracked because there is a picture in his/her gallery that shows the tank. True, but the picture is BLURRY (uh-oh there's that word used again...), and does not show the top nor the back of the tank which is where the damage is...

Caesar777 claims to have sent me pictures showing entire tank with top and back intact and uncracked. Odd that I never received pictures and Caesar777 will not/can not forward a copy of email sent with these pictures because they don't exist and no such message was ever sent.

Please view my picture gallery for Caesar777's "BLURRY" picture which do not show the damaged top nor back of the tank and also view my "after" pictures showing damage...

I specifically asked Caesar777 about the top of the tank prior to purchase, because picture was BLURRY and I could not see it from the angle in the picture. Of course I was told that it was in excellent shape and in one piece. Based on that I purchased the tank, trusting Caesar777's representations.

Not only is the tank top broken and the back cracked in several places, bou the tank is cloudy, not clear acrylic...
definitely not in excellent condition as claimed...

I attempted to reason with Caesar777 but that didn't work...
Caesar777 believes it's buyer's remorse to want at least a partial refund for damaged tank. I purchased what was going to be a display tank, now it will be used for a sump if I can fix the cracks in the back so that this thing will at least hold water without leaking...

Please view my picture gallery of Caesar777's "BLURRY" before picture (that's right, just 1), and my after pictures and you decide whether you believe I am reasonable to request a refund of at least part of sales price. I think it would even be reasonable to expect a 100% refund and return the damaged tank.

If this forum is to have any tyoe of reputable existence, then the members must hold other members accountable...

Hobby Experience: 2 years