Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Zoanthids
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/01/2007, 08:18 AM
Premium Member

Starting a list of the best on-line Zoanthid Vendors

I wanted to start a list of the best on-line vendors for Zoanthids. I would like people to recommend vendors that they have recent personal experience with. Im looking to aquire many different varieties and my local club and LFS dont carry very many.
Old 11/01/2007, 12:53 PM
The Man

www.zomania.com (This is under new ownership, so it's the same quality of zoos as before but now it's trustworthy and has great customer service)
Old 11/01/2007, 02:32 PM
Premium Member

Has anyone used them in the last few moths?
Old 11/01/2007, 03:29 PM
The Man

Check out his on-line ebay store stores.ebay.com/gatewayaquatics for feedback. It is the same owner as www.gatewayaquatics.com

Living in St. Louis, I go to his store every couple of months or so (even though it's 40 minutes away, and I have two places only about 10 minutes away). I buy from him quite often and have gotten some nice zoos there, although I must say I'm usually too cheap to buy his top of the line stuff.
Old 11/01/2007, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

zomania gets 2 thumbs down. the zoas were sad, poor packaging and some of them not even enough quantity as advertised. offered credit in their defense but common, a credit that will cover shipping is only good for more sales. i have never ordered from zoafrag.com but it looks amazing the types and variety of zoas/palys listed
Old 11/01/2007, 07:06 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally posted by fl_izzy
zomania gets 2 thumbs down. the zoas were sad, poor packaging and some of them not even enough quantity as advertised. offered credit in their defense but common, a credit that will cover shipping is only good for more sales. i have never ordered from zoafrag.com but it looks amazing the types and variety of zoas/palys listed
Sounds like you were one of the 0.6%

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback
Old 11/01/2007, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

nonono. gatewayaquatics just acquired them. maybe you should look for feedback on zomania i think. on another note i do hope that there is improvement with new management.
Old 11/01/2007, 07:30 PM
The Man

Oh, you're talking way back? Gateway Aquatics has had them for awhile now. I know all about the former ownership. That guy had some serious "customer service" issues.

Gateway Aquatics and Zomania are the same owner now (same store, same zoas, etc), so looking at Gateway Aquatic's feedback helps you see that this guy (Chad) aims to please.
Old 11/01/2007, 08:13 PM
Premium Member

My all time favorite place to buy cherry picked zoa's is Vivid Aquariums in LA. They are a little on the expensive side but what you see is what you get. Awesome customer service and excellent livestock! www.vividaquariums.com
Old 11/02/2007, 01:12 AM
OMAS VP

They are a tad high.
Old 11/02/2007, 12:08 PM
Delaware Valley Reef Club

www.seatreasures.us Rich and Kelly are very good people, and will do anything they can to help out a fellow reefer... including low prices..

Prop&Save!
...Sure don't know what I'm going for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure...
Old 11/02/2007, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

Great input so far thank for everyones contributions.
Old 11/02/2007, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

Hey bosworth, If you are looking for certain types of Zoanthids, check out the selling forum and you could also post a thread in the wanted to buy section... I recently posted a wanted zoo thread and got hooked up with a guy that is awesome and has some great stuff.. After that I only go through him now...

Dream
Old 11/03/2007, 03:15 AM
Registered Member

check out marineflora.com
Old 11/03/2007, 07:40 PM
Premium Member

Thats a good idea dream. I know it closing in on winter especially for those of us in the NE. Has anyone had problems shipping zoas in the winter?
Old 11/03/2007, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

Depending on where they are coming from, I would say if they are being shipped in any whether below 70 and arriving in a temp below 70 I would make sure there is a heat pack... Most zoos are hardy and should b ok...

Dream
Old 11/04/2007, 10:05 AM
Premium Member

OK, so here is a summary of what we have so far:
www.zomania.com
www.gatewayaquatics.com
www.zoafrag.com
www.vivdaquariums.com
www.seatreasurers.us
www.marineflora.com

Keep them coming!
Old 11/04/2007, 03:07 PM
Premium Member

nice thread, ty
Old 11/04/2007, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

I love marineflora.com; i've ordered two frag packs from them and was blown away by what were included; they'll usually throw in some freebies too.
Old 11/05/2007, 02:10 AM
Registered Member

I like steve at

http://www.trieu-exotics.com/cart/

He's always willing to create deals if you buy a good amount.
Old 11/05/2007, 05:51 PM
Jub Jub

extremecorals dot com all the coral is WYSIWYG. Whoever takes pictures for this website needs a digital photography 101 class. Or they need a new camera. I ordered zoas from them numerous times and have not been disappointed. Pictures from this website usually do no justice for the coral that they send you. Spend over 150 dollars and overnight shipping is 10 dollars. If you sign up for the newsletter you get a 25 dollar Gift Card. Sign up for Premium Membership for 25 dollars and get a 25 dollar gift card for a future purchase. the only thing I suggest is a iodine dip to kill off bad stuff. Look for pyrimid snails I usually find one out of the whole shipment they tend to be big and easy to spot.

Ryan
Old 11/12/2007, 09:58 AM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

I have been to extreme corals out in Dallas... great setup, good customer service.

Even at their facility, you shop on their website with an in house computer, then if you want to see something, they''ll take you back to the coral tanks (they are huge!) to actually see it...
Old 11/12/2007, 04:35 PM
Jub Jub

Thats an interesting idea.
Old 11/12/2007, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Be careful buying stuff in the forums. I got stiffed big time by a "fellow reefer" who was closing down his tank, which by the way took a few months. I think he was a dealer who was pretending so that he could slip in some sales. He sent me dead stuff and when I asked for a refund, he said he couldn't be held responsible.
However, most people here are great to do business with. Just check out the feedback on them (if any is there) before buying.
Old 11/12/2007, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Was looking at extreme corals web site and the picture of a colony I pulled up had a huge Zoa eating sundial snail right in the middle of the colony.
http://www.******************/Mercha...gory_Code=Zoos

not a very good photo for seling corals.