Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > West Tennessee Marine & Reef Aquarium Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/27/2007, 07:13 PM
Moved On

whats the best way to use ozone

I just got a new aquazone 200mg/hr and dont know the best way to use it I would like to inject it into my skimmers venturi. What other ways are there to use ozone?
Old 12/28/2007, 11:26 AM
WTMRAC's Daddy

You can inject it into your skimmers' venturi (air intake), use i with an ozone reactor, but either way, you will want to monitor and control your ORP with your new Aquacontroller.
Old 12/28/2007, 12:21 PM
Moved On

What other ways are there? This thing dosent seem to blown any thing out. Do I need an air pump?
Old 12/28/2007, 12:56 PM
Premium Member

You might need an air pump. Some have air pumps built in and some don't. You need to check and see if yours does.
Old 12/28/2007, 01:55 PM
Who dat?

Ozone
Old 12/28/2007, 01:57 PM
Who dat?

Quote:
Use a generator sized appropriately for your system, on the order of 0.3 to 0.5 mg O3/hour per gallon of aquarium water. While an inordinately large generator may not cost much more, it can risk overdosing the aquarium. As with many reef additives, using more than recommended is rarely better.
Ozone

Last edited by just dave; 12/28/2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12/28/2007, 05:52 PM
Moved On

thanks dave, So I need to run the output of my skimmer through carbon? is this a must because my skimmer is an in sump model but I do have an external skimmer i could use.Its proablly not as good of a skimmer but if I have to I guess it will work.
Old 12/29/2007, 02:03 PM
Who dat?

Quote:
Originally posted by wjhuie
thanks dave, So I need to run the output of my skimmer through carbon? is this a must because my skimmer is an in sump model but I do have an external skimmer i could use.Its proablly not as good of a skimmer but if I have to I guess it will work.

Without meaning to sound condescending, do yourself a favor, read all three parts of the article I linked.
Old 12/29/2007, 05:29 PM
Moved On

I posted right before I read that. Thanks dave that was extremely helpful as you allways are.