Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Coral & Livestock Trading
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/02/2005, 01:58 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

This is the current list of people I have down for the trade. If you want your name on or off, let me know.

nine9d
Izsabelle
Scribe
goblinsharkman
toddfreshman
trueblackpercula
SuperFishy
CritterZ
jamesonkh
ApexPredator
theevoys
whodah
wildmike
alexchern75
moggyhill
menwaylo
ranran
SuperFishy
Creetin
zack136
obed2010
ronkent
Debknapp
corro
Steve C.S.
ykh
Old 02/02/2005, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

so are we trading 2 frags to each person we get ( a total of 4 frags) or one frag with 2 different people ( a total of 2 frags).
Old 02/02/2005, 05:50 PM
Reef Nut

take me off for now...i only have 2 colonies that i got from a fellow local reefer...once they spread a little ill join up
Old 02/03/2005, 10:17 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Quote:
Originally posted by moggyhill
so are we trading 2 frags to each person we get ( a total of 4 frags) or one frag with 2 different people ( a total of 2 frags).
It's one frag to two different people. So a total of 2 frags, either the same or different.

ronkent - This proabaly won't happen for another 60 days, so I can either leave you on or take you off, your choice. I want to wait till the weather around the country warms up a bit, even though we're suspose to be at 45 degrees this weekend! *Woot! Not going to shovel the rest of the drive way*
Old 02/03/2005, 10:49 AM
Premium Member

I may have missed it somewhere. But, is there a trade date yet?
Jason
Old 02/03/2005, 11:12 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

No, not hard set yet, should be about 50 to 60 days (end of March). Since this is the first one, I wanted to work the bugs out of the system ahead of time.
Old 02/03/2005, 11:15 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

I will be PM'ing everyone on my list 2 weeks prior to it happening. One week prior to it happening information should be exchanged and the list will be closed to newcommers.
Old 02/03/2005, 11:16 AM
Premium Member

is it too late to participate? please count me in if possible.
thanks!
Old 02/03/2005, 11:17 AM
Premium Member

Sounds good! I should have 15 minutes to be able to get everything ready sometime in the next 60 days. hehe
Jason
Old 02/03/2005, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

please count me in.
Old 02/03/2005, 05:38 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Nope, still open registration.... will be that way for the next 2 months.... I'll be updating my list every few days with new names.....

To adjust my last post, the information should be exchanged PRIOR to one week. And yes, I will be requesting a copy of everyone's information. If I have a copy, we can compair it to where the frag was sent, and if the information i have matches where it's sent and it was sent to the wrong place, it holds the accountability to the person giving the info. If where it was sent was different than what I have, accountability will be placed on the sender.

I want this to be as pain free as possible..... =?)
Old 02/03/2005, 06:12 PM
Reef Nut

ok count me in...so in theorie we really only need 1 thermos correct? cuz after we receive our first frag we can use that themos to send out our 2nd set of frags correct? and might i add.....i would say that everyone just send their thermos and kiss it goodbye b4 it leaves...its not like once u receive your second set of frags that u wont have a thermos to keep. I wouldnt wanna go thru the trouble of shipping an empty thermos back...kinda dumb to me but thats just my opinion. And like u said sarduci...dont uise the one from ur kids lunchbox...i know i wouldnt wanna drink out of it....but then again tahst what a dishwasher is for
Old 02/04/2005, 09:15 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Quote:
Originally posted by ronkent
so in theorie we really only need 1 thermos correct? cuz after we receive our first frag we can use that themos to send out our 2nd set of frags correct?
No, you'd need two of them. Both frags are sent at the same time. You should get both of them the same day. Hang onto both, and next time we do this you have two of them on hand to send out.

This is sending one frag to two different people, not sending two frags to one person.

For example, we'll use you, me and Bob. Me and Bob have been picked for you to swap with.

I send a frag on Friday to you, you send a frag on Friday to me, Bob send a frag on Friday to you, you send a frag on Friday to Bob.

Everyone ships the same day, you send two of them out to two different people, you get two of them in from two different people..
Old 02/04/2005, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

I cant wait to do this hehehehehe
IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE.......
BAREBOTTOM ALL THE WAY®
Old 02/04/2005, 11:35 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

LOL, glad to hear that.
Old 02/07/2005, 12:36 AM
Registered Member

Count me in please
Old 02/07/2005, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

Can you count me in?

:-)
Old 02/07/2005, 11:12 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

I'll update the list tonight along with the shipping information.

Anyone know of an easy way of sending mass PM's on here? I hate to think that I'd have to PM each person when this finally gets going.....
Old 02/07/2005, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

Might be easier to just make a small webpage and put info there.
Old 02/07/2005, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

I agree

with kewliz.

It would be so easy to just go to angelfire or geocities and set up a free webpage. Put all info and list of people on there.

The only thing is you would have to still let people know about it. Posting the link here might do the trick but people will need to know that it is ready and will start.

I think you might have to PM after all.

EDIT:

Sarduci,

You could create another profile and then add everyone into that profile as buddies. Then you could mass PM just the people for the swap!

Last edited by CritterZ; 02/07/2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02/08/2005, 10:04 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

kewliz and CritterZ:

I'll be building a Windows 2003 SBS system sometime this week for my house. I'm aiming for tomorrow or Wednesday, since I'll be out of town in Chicago for an orchestra show. I'm going to rough out a page next week and go from there.

I think I'll just add everyone under this profile that way there isn't any misunderstanding as to who/what is going on since it'll be from me.

Thanks for the input!
Old 02/08/2005, 10:17 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

nine9d
Izsabelle
Scribe
goblinsharkman
toddfreshman
trueblackpercula
SuperFishy
CritterZ
jamesonkh
ApexPredator
theevoys
whodah
wildmike
alexchern75
moggyhill
menwaylo
ranran
SuperFishy
Creetin
zack136
obed2010
Debknapp
corro
Steve C.S.
ykh
ronkent
darcitananda
theevoys
mdt178
ullnvrguess77
kewliz

Deleted:
ronkent per request

Added:
ronkent per request after deletion
darcitananda per request
theevoys per request
mdt178 per request
ullnvrguess77 per request
kewliz per request
Old 02/08/2005, 05:03 PM
Got Clams?

The best way you might accomplish this, is to do this.....Instead of having people fighting over zoos from certain people.....make 2 lists, and the beginning person on the list would have to have a thermos. They send a frag of zoos determined by the agreement, to the next person on the list, once that person gets the zoos, they send their frag to the next person on the list. USPS Priority is fairly quick unless you ship coast to coast. so maybe could dividde the list into west coast east coast to start....as fast as this can go, you can get 3-4 rotations out of it on a good season. We did a thermos trade a few years back, and had 4 thermos's in the mail at any given time, and must have had 4 or 5 pass my door that season. If you post the list roation on the webiste, they can get the persons info right from the site, and maybe have a spot to mark off wether they have something or not to trade at that time, some might only have 1-2 frags available, and after a rotation or 2, might not be able to stay in anymore.

(BTW, the list will shuffle after the first run through, as to not get same selection.)

Here is what it may look like on the website.....

Person A Addy information, colors available A B C

Person A would contact the next person on the list , and ask which ones they would like to have sent. Person B would respond with their selection, and then A would Send. After they tell the last person which one they would like, they inturn, contact the next person accordingly....

When we did this the first rotation it was kinda slow, but the second rotation was very quick. there was 10 people in the single thermos rotation and it was around in about 3 weeks.

Hope this gives you some ideas on how to better organize this
Old 02/08/2005, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

I would like to be put on the list too!
Old 02/08/2005, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

This sounds great, count me in!