Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/03/2008, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Nano LR

Has anyone ordered the live aquaria nano package for LR? I wanted to go with TBS, but it is just so expensive I can't justify it. There are a couple great LFS in the area as well.
Old 01/03/2008, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

I have to 20 gal tanks and I order that nano rock package from LA and I was very satisfied with it. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
Old 01/03/2008, 05:40 PM
DIY Guru

Just hit your LFS and buy large rocks and go to town with a screw driver and a hammer. Break it up til it's the size you want. Worked great for my 10XXL. As long as it's live that's all the matters, coraline will grow in time, save the money for corals and just get what's cheap. I can get Fiji for under 3/lb from my LFS's.

Member of the 1000 watt bulb club
Old 01/03/2008, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

I was also thinking of buying nano LR from Live Aquaria. I ended up buying their 22lb fuji live rock though because you get more rock and its larger so you can do more with it.