Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences

Old 12/18/2007, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

MARINE SOLUTIONS - very disappointing

I ordered an Octopus skimmer (bh-300) from Marine Solutions. When it arrived, it had a crack in the body. no biggie there - dribbled a little weld on into the crack and problem solved. I set it up and one of the pumps ran for about ten minutes and stopped. It restarted after it cooled down. So......being a bit irritated at the fact a brand new skimmer was not functioning, I looked at the box which is clearly marked "VUE TECHNOLOGY, LLC" and contacted them about the problem. I received a response from David that basically said that the product I received was not one of their products and my recourse would be through Marine Solutions. I am very disappointed that the product (or problem) I received was not the product that was represented (or misrepresented).

Just a warning to my fellow reefers, make sure that you check to make sure the Octopus that you buy is supported by the manufacurer.

I feel very disappointed that I have been a part of the problem of industrial piracy (inadvertently of course) instead of being part of the solution. My sincere apologies to David and Coral Vue, your products have always been top notch and worth every penny I have spent on them . I intend to trash this skimmer and repurchase another through a legitimate dealer to show my support for those that make our hobby better.

Sour grapes for you, Marine Solutions. You will get no more of my business.
Old 12/18/2007, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

dispute the charges
Old 12/18/2007, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

Yes, I'm definitely considering that option. I want to give them a chance to earn some respect first, though.
Old 12/20/2007, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Skimmer being returned to Marine Solutions. Rob is a stand up guy for that at least.
Old 01/08/2008, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

its a miracle you got any response from marine solutions, i have tried many times they must be to busy replacing there junk to answer e-mails
Old 01/09/2008, 12:51 PM
Premium Member

I must have been lucky then. I called on a Saturday early afternoon and someone picked up the phone after only a couple rings. Was very helpful with my questions. ( no problems with the product, just user error ).

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11553783#post11553783 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ricklee
its a miracle you got any response from marine solutions, i have tried many times they must be to busy replacing there junk to answer e-mails
Old 01/09/2008, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

I apoligize for my comment Rob contacted me today. Was just a little p-ode