Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/07/2007, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Location: madisonville,Tn. Will be relocating to KS by mid march.
Host for False percula clowns

I would like to know. Whom has success with which anemone with there clowns fish?
I don’t want to have a tank full of anemones while trying to find one my clowns will host.

God created the great creatures of the sea . God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, "be fruitfull and increase in numbers and fill the waters in the sea...Genesis1:21-22
Old 07/07/2007, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

I Apologize for imposing my questing on you guys.
Thanks
Donna
God created the great creatures of the sea . God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, "be fruitfull and increase in numbers and fill the waters in the sea...Genesis1:21-22
Old 07/07/2007, 08:55 PM
Slowly Stocking

Read the FAQ...it lists their natural hosting species.

However, you'd have an easier time with if you were to just get a BTA and have the patience to wait for them to host it. They may go to it right away, or they may not.

There are no guarantees when it comes to clowns and anemones. You may be better off with Xenia of Frogspawn...both are known to be hosted by clowns from time to time.

Check the red house.
Old 07/08/2007, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Slakker
Read the FAQ...it lists their natural hosting species.

However, you'd have an easier time with if you were to just get a BTA and have the patience to wait for them to host it. They may go to it right away, or they may not.

There are no guarantees when it comes to clowns and anemones. You may be better off with Xenia of Frogspawn...both are known to be hosted by clowns from time to time.
I have all the patience in the world I thank you for the info, and will let you know how/ what they do..

Thanks much
Donna
Old 07/08/2007, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dww
I Apologize for imposing my questing on you guys.
Thanks
Donna
Why would you apologize for asking a question on a forum? Anyway, these fish will host just about anything. My smaller clown sometimes hosts a big clump of zoos and I just recently added a green bubble tip anemone which they both will hopefully find to their liking.
Old 07/08/2007, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ccorpse27
Why would you apologize for asking a question on a forum? Anyway, these fish will host just about anything. My smaller clown sometimes hosts a big clump of zoos and I just recently added a green bubble tip anemone which they both will hopefully find to their liking.
I have a purple condy. last night it looked light they were interested in it, I guess I will have to see what happens.

Thanks
Donna
Old 07/08/2007, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dww
I have a purple condy. last night it looked light they were interested in it, I guess I will have to see what happens.

Thanks
Donna
Donna i'd just sit tight and see what happens. My smaller clown was hosting a lta in the pet store but when I brought him home it took him a while to host anything again.
Old 07/08/2007, 11:13 AM
Slowly Stocking

Actually, I'd remove the Condy. They've been known to eat clowns while they're sleeping in them.

Check the red house.
Old 07/08/2007, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ccorpse27
Donna i'd just sit tight and see what happens. My smaller clown was hosting a lta in the pet store but when I brought him home it took him a while to host anything again.
I did just get them, and it could be they need to get use to there new home..
thanks
Donna
Old 07/08/2007, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Slakker
Actually, I'd remove the Condy. They've been known to eat clowns while they're sleeping in them.
That’s interesting to know. I did not buy the Condy for the clowns to host. The guy i got the clowns from, he just happen to have the Condy and I took it too.

Thanks
Donna