Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/20/2007, 03:56 PM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Too old for women to care
Old 11/20/2007, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cubman777
I know that the Cowboys are 9-1, but tell me what makes them so good?
Well, by the numbers and by watching him, we have either the 2nd or 3rd best qb in the league right now(Romo), a very good pair of rb's(Barber and Jones), the best or 2nd best receiver in the game(Owens), one of the best tight ends(Witten) and a pretty good offensive line. Our offensive coordinator is pretty darn good also.

Our defensive line is very good, we have pretty good linebackers and a great cornerback. Our safeties are a little shaky though.

Also, our kicker and punter are very good. All in all, we are a more talented and complete team than anyone other than NE,imo. GB is playing great but i dont think they have the weapons we do. They may play better and beat us but i dont think they have better players and certainly not on offense.

Anytime you are 9-1, i dont care who you played, you are a very good team. This team also plays particularly good on the road and under pressure. Even our teams in the 90's were never 9-1 i dont think.
Old 11/21/2007, 01:30 AM
Premium Member

Sorry Cowboy Fans !

Brett will take us past you and much further!

I went to one game this year - the Pack played DA Bears bah!!!!!!!

we own Texas

Texas is only a small county in Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Americas real hometown Team - not even a thought!
Old 11/21/2007, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

Yeah, the Bears were a tough game for us also.....NOT!

Brett better make sure his presciptions are all filled for us. I don't think his normal 10 perc's will be enough
Old 11/21/2007, 10:48 PM
Premium Member

BTW sufunk we aren't you rooting for the buc's or dolphins?

Have a good turkey day and enjoy the game either way!
Old 11/21/2007, 11:06 PM
Where's My Jell-O?

Quote:
Originally posted by sufunk
Yeah, BIG fight going on between the NFL and cable companies. Apparently, over 70% of the nation including Dallas and Green Bay dont carry the NFL network and won't get the game. Luckily, i have Directtv so no worries here.

There are actually 6-8 games on NFL network the rest of the year including Indy- Atlanta on Thanksgiving that most people wont get to see. They need to get this resolved before next season so this doesn't happen again. Biggest game in the NFC this year and most of the country cant watch?? Not good business!

It seems that the NFL network channel costs the cable companies more than almost any channel but gets very low ratings so most cable companies refuse to carry it.
Hubby asked if we could go out on Thursday to watch the game at one of the bars that carry it on satelite, if my step-daughter would babysit. I told him I didn't think she could babysit that long! He looked at me kind a wierd. And was really bummed when I reminded him that he would be in Oshkosh on the night of the game!

Melting!
Old 11/21/2007, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

personally i hate the fact that even though i have fox e/w and cbs e/w and my locals, i still only get to watch two or sometimes three different games in an afternoon! regional coverage my rear!

Old 11/21/2007, 11:21 PM
Why? Because I can

PATS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/22/2007, 12:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Phillstone
BTW sufunk we aren't you rooting for the buc's or dolphins?

Have a good turkey day and enjoy the game either way!
First, i'm not from here.

Second,When i was a little kid my dad was a big Pitt fan when Dorsett was there so when he was drafted by the Cowboys, that became my team.
Old 11/22/2007, 08:26 PM
That's Mind Bottling !

and I was BORN in Dallas.......AND got to play catch with Roger Staubach in my front yard when I was 9 yrs old (not a word outta you PoukieBear) AND he autographed the football for me !!!

and NO YOU CAN'T SEE IT...TOUCH IT...BREATHE NEAR IT !!!!

Go Cowboys !

I look at her with my head tilted to the side and in a soft voice I just say; You're so pretty !
Old 11/22/2007, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UH_OH_5_OH
and I was BORN in Dallas.......AND got to play catch with Roger Staubach in my front yard when I was 9 yrs old
was this like pre NFl? did they still wear leather helmets?

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 11/22/2007, 11:35 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

The Patriots scored 17 points in the fourth quarter to win, 48-27.
Old 11/23/2007, 09:45 AM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

I just am not that into pro sports anymore... its just all about the money, especially for the players...
Old 11/23/2007, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

I don't know if it was the snow/rain or just looking ahead to GB next week but we certainly didn't play very well on offense. Romo was underthrowing the ball on a few easy td's that would have ended the game even earlier. Defense did look pretty dominant and played very well though.

That being said, it's nice to play bad and be good enough to win by 31 points! Even though it was the Jets, they were good enough to beat Pitt when they didn't play well last week. It's amazing the teams and players we have had thru the years, gone to 8 SB's and won 5 and this is the BEST record we have ever had!!! And to think that just a few months ago MOST people were questioning wether Romo was the real deal or if he could ever get over the botched fg last year. I think we know the answer to that now!

Thursday night sets up for home field advantage thruout the playoffs most likely. We HAVE to win this game. Playing in GB in late January could be a SERIOUS problem for our offense if the weather or field is bad. I don't even care about the crowd advantage but on our fast track at home, i think we would beat GB 9 times out of 10. At GB, in bad weather, i's say it drops to about 50/50 at best.

Beat GB thursday and we are in great shape to get that rematch with the cheaters,oops i mean Patriots

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!
Old 11/26/2007, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

Your boy's got a little lucky last night bat!

Feely had his te WIDE open across the middle on that int in the end zone or you might have went down. You definitely aren't gonna beat the Pat's with any help from the ref's. If Belicheck himself was making the calls, they couldn't have gone any more NE's way

I was actually glad though. I want the Cowboy's to ruin your perfect season not Philly. It was just another reminder though of the power of the NFC East(as if the 10 SB victories weren't enough!)
Old 11/26/2007, 03:31 PM
Premium Member

cowboys r not americas team! why does everyone think they are, I don't get it, the pats are 11-0, and beat em' at home, and would smoke em' again, duh, who has won a few super bowls the last few times, THE PATS! not the boys
Old 11/26/2007, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by idareefer
cowboys r not americas team! why does everyone think they are, I don't get it, the pats are 11-0, and beat em' at home, and would smoke em' again, duh, who has won a few super bowls the last few times, THE PATS! not the boys
Maybe because most of us grew up laughing at the Pats and their pathetic seasons. You dont become America's team overnight, it take consistent winning over DECADES
Old 11/26/2007, 04:00 PM
Premium Member

sure glad the boys have Mr Ego Man TO, ya he's good, I'll give him that, but Brady to Moss, hmm, Super bowl!
Old 11/26/2007, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
sure glad the boys have Mr Ego Man TO, ya he's good, I'll give him that, but Brady to Moss, hmm, Super bowl!
If we beat GB on Thursday, we'll see ya there
Old 11/26/2007, 04:31 PM
Premium Member

Green Bay is playing way out of there heads, I think the boy's will beat em', think Romo is past his playoff misshap from last year? you know he's got the celebrity thing going on now, the pressure of the the big game just might bite him again
Old 11/26/2007, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UH_OH_5_OH
and I was BORN in Dallas.......AND got to play catch with Roger Staubach in my front yard when I was 9 yrs old (not a word outta you PoukieBear) AND he autographed the football for me !!!

and NO YOU CAN'T SEE IT...TOUCH IT...BREATHE NEAR IT !!!!

Go Cowboys !
Hank Hill is extremely jealous
Old 11/26/2007, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Green Bay is playing way out of there heads, I think the boy's will beat em', think Romo is past his playoff misshap from last year? you know he's got the celebrity thing going on now, the pressure of the the big game just might bite him again
That was holding for a fg(which he doesn't do anymore) not throwing the ball so i'm not worried at all. He actually had a pretty good game qb'ing against Seattle and put us in position to win. I think he has shown all year that last year didn't affect him at all unless it made him even better. I think his 9-1 career road record shows he can play under pressure. Even though he has only 21 career starts, he's played in alot of big games already.

People wondered what would happen when he got the big payday a few weeks ago but he's played great since then. As far as the celebrity thing, he has always been linked to some starlet or other and been in the rag mags since day one. I don't think that bothers him at all.
Old 11/30/2007, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sufunk
Yeah, the Bears were a tough game for us also.....NOT!

Brett better make sure his presciptions are all filled for us. I don't think his normal 10 perc's will be enough
Told ya!

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!
Old 11/30/2007, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

WOOHOO!!!!!! GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!
Old 11/30/2007, 09:58 AM
On "The List"

carrie needs a 2-fer

here's the assist:

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy