Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > El Paso Marine Aquarium Society (ELPMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/02/2006, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

share your tank pic's graphic intense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here are some current pic form my tank. this tank is 75gl with 260PC and one 40w actinic white and one 40w 50/50 . the tank is about 8 to 9 months old.

currently i am only interested in kepping min fish, and softy's maybe a couple clams. i have one now.

i am runing a DIY above tank refug. which i have a new below tank Refug/sump in the works. i dont like all the stuff hanging on the tank and i willy want a better bubble trap system for my skimmer.

i know my tank may not be as nice or have as much as others , but i am very happy for now.

Full Tank View

Left Side

right Side

My yellow tang.

close up of one of my shrooms.

My red scooter . which only seems to eat pods.

neon green Zoa's

Fire And Ice Zoa's

my clam in actinics only
Old 09/12/2006, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

Great pictures. I am not sure how long you had your shrooms but they grow like weeds. I had so much, I was pulling them out of the tank as they were encroaching into the corals.
Old 09/13/2006, 12:05 AM
Registered Member

nice pics
Old 09/13/2006, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

so i have been told a couple time about srhooms taking over tanks, but my GSP and zoo seem to grow quicker then any of my shroom. some of my green harry's have split and some purples have droped alone with my red but beyond that i havent seen where they have reproduce like cray. seens low to me, i have had some of them for like 6 months and some ofr like 4 months.

i have given a couple away and still have some i can give away or trade!

i dont mind they taking over they are the only things will be adding and if they take over my tank then just call me "Shroom Man"
Old 09/13/2006, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

oh ya pics pics post your Pic's
Old 09/14/2006, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Here's some pics of mine. 10 gallon with 7 gallon sump on the other side of the wall and a 2.5 gallon on my dresser. I had it a while back and had to tear it down. I just got it running again a week ago.

Old 09/14/2006, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

i like that first tank you have any close ups of ? i really like the light you have on it. need any srhooms?
Old 09/14/2006, 02:38 PM
King of the Tank!

Great pictures everyone. I like to see them!

OK here is mine. You said "pic intensive"!!

I was really taking a pic of the stand I made but you can see the tank too!

I need to clean up the wiring but I'm waiting on an AC jr I just ordered.

Side entrance

I'm upgrading the sump to a larger one. Should be here next week I hope.

Left side of tank. You can see our Tang, angle, clown and needle nose hawk fish. The pink zoo's I got at the Coral Reef. They are very nice and have grown over the entire rock. For some reason the shroom you see on the rock below it decided to exit the rock and I cannot find it.

My DIY light. Two T5's with TEK reflectors

My DIY in the front and a Nova Extreme behind it.

Jay
Old 09/14/2006, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

which pump are you using on your return and what size overflow you have? may i ask

really nice setup
Old 09/14/2006, 04:25 PM
King of the Tank!

Thanks! The return is a Quiet One 3000. I have a Quiet One 4000 on the closed loop which I installed after those pic's were taken. I used these because they are low amp pumps. I'm pretty happy with this pump set-up so far. I still need the modified mj1200 for flow.

The over flow is an Ebay special from this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUARIUM-OVERFLO...QQcmdZViewItem

So far the only thing I don't like is that he does not offer it with black acrylic for the in tank box. I ordered some black acrylic and will attempt to make my own box for the inside. The flow is no where near 1200 gph. More like 500 gph. But I wanted it to be about 2-3x tank volumn per hour. I wanted the two drops in case one somehow got clogged.

Jay
Old 09/14/2006, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

i have seen that overflow but i really want the CPR one. i just finished glue the glass in my sump/ refug . to help reduce the micro bubbles from the skimmer. right now i have just a 10gl above tank refug which i didnt do that good so only like a 2.5 refug ( my first one ) work great, but want to remove the skimmer . 20 L with over- under baffles and a spot (like 8gl) for my replacement refuge.
Old 09/16/2006, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

nice pics

nice tanks and nicely done. i will try to post pics of my 2 58 tanks later today..i am cycling my 180( after 2 years) but still need someone to assist in a canopy..if not I will attempt it myself.

Overflows, they do sell black overflows. lifereef overflows are regarded as the best and are black and silent.
i have had and seen alot of bad times with cpr overflows. you absolutely need to run an aqualifter pump with the cpr at all times or it will collect too much air. also becuase of the weir setup of the cpr. i have seen shrimp, mandarins and even anenomes get sucked into the overflow.

and by the way nice tanks everyone....bpatrol
Old 09/20/2006, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

well seems my internet was down for a good 5 days or more thanks to the people next door puting in a new pool :<

bpatrol what kind of help did you need?

and we' love to see pic of you 180 as is and your other tanks!
Old 10/12/2006, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

I realy likw everyones tanks I'll share some pics later when I get home. I'm new to the site and I realy enjoying reading all the posts. I started a post about a possible meeting if anyone is interested.
Old 10/12/2006, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

Here are some pics of my tanks. 55reef with 55refugium, 46 reef just reaquascaped and waiting to be plumbed to 55 refugium to tie all tanks together.
55 reef
refugium

] 46reef

The 46 is mostly just shrooms I've propagated. I want to make some pillars and make it nice back just been busy.
Old 10/18/2006, 10:04 PM
Premium Member

Old 10/18/2006, 10:06 PM
Premium Member

Old 10/18/2006, 10:07 PM
Premium Member

Old 10/18/2006, 10:08 PM
Premium Member

Old 10/18/2006, 10:23 PM
Registered Member

I saw this pics in another thread and noticed you were in el paso. Any way I could come and see in person. I would be honor to come and drool for a while and would love to see the equipment associated with this tanks. Before I joined this site I was speaking to my wife of useing natural light and have searched the net for info. I would be thrilled to see how this looks and works in person. Me and my wife now have been planning to build a greenhouse instead of skylights but it will be a while. Probably not till I move into my next house but we have been looking and thoughts of the green house have actually swayed our mindes if a house would be suitable or not. Great when the wife loves it as much as you. Anyways great tank!
Old 10/18/2006, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

nice pic's Herpervet, nice tank. i would love to see that one inperson as well¿ i'd like to thank you for taking your time out and posting those images. great tank!
Old 10/18/2006, 11:11 PM
Premium Member

You guys are always welcome to run over to the clinic (El Paso Animal Emergency Center) to see the tank. We are open 365 days a year.

5:30 pm-8am M-Th. 5:30pm Friday through the weekend.

I just trimmed the large Sinularia in the middle so it will look pretty unhappy right now.

The clinic is at 1220 Airway next to the Whataburger just south of Edgemere.

I will have to clean the fish room before I give you a tour though.

Pete
Old 10/19/2006, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

If anyone else is going to go see this maybe we can meet up and see it together that way he isn't doing 10 individual tours and wasting his time! Also maybe see who these strange reef absessed people are how are writing to each other through a website? Does it ever amaze you how the intenet connects people of like intrests. You guys tell me a time and place. Weekends are best for me!
Old 10/19/2006, 10:06 AM
Premium Member

I cleared it with the wifey so I am free to give you a tour of the tank this Saturday from noon to 2pm. I must say the tank isn't at it's best right now due to the abuse of that sinularia and some red hair algae that is making a comeback the past couple of weeks.

You guys are welcome to come by any other time of course. I typically work thursday nights and sundays. We have been very buisy lately so I might not be able to spend much time with you when I'm on duty.

You can walk in any time during our normal business hours and check the tank out even if I'm not there, but you won't get to see the guts of the system.

On the weekends, I would encourage you to go over between noon and 2:30pm so you can see what it looks like with the natural lighting at full intensity.

Unfortunately with the sun angle declining it isn't as impressive as it was 3-4 months ago.

If you get a chance come during the evening to see it with the 150 watt par lamps and actinics.

I would invite you guys over around lunch today but my daughters are home sick.

Cheers.

Pete
Old 10/19/2006, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

I up for saturday any other takers.