Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Saltwater Enthusiasts Association of St. Louis (SEASL)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/04/2007, 12:34 AM
Registered Member

I think it is time to call it quits.

How do you know?

1. You put a clip of algae in the tank and it disappears, not just the algae but the clip and all. You look around and can't find it and the fish look at you like you just stole there best friend.

2. You put dawn in the sink and begin filling to wash the dishes and you wonder if one more layer of mesh could get your skimmer producing like that.

3. You see a tree and can't help but equate it to a kenya tree.

4. Flowers make you wonder if you can find a zoo that has that coloration.

5. Driving down 44 and you come to where the road is cut out and wonder if that rock could grow some good coraline on it.

6. You close your web browser, after surfing RC, to go to bed and open it up again because you forgot to check the Selling Forum one last time, and end up staying up half the night.

7. Spend half the day looking for the fish that want show itself unless you are not around. Everyone in the family has seen it but you since it was acclimated.

8. Spend your weekend going to the LFS's seeing if they have anything new.

9. How can I buy just one more coral without my wife knowing how much it cost, and what to explain to her how it got in the tank when she see's it. "Oh that thing, that fell behind a rock, I was amazed it was still alive and put it there this morning, looks good dosent' it."

If anyone can think of something else feel free to add, but going off a Hobbes Idea, Right now I feel like I need a Reef Central Anonymous forum to break the habit a good 10 step program or something.

Whats next a nightmare of me being acclimated to the tank and waiting for some one to feed me.
Old 02/04/2007, 12:53 AM
Send money....

I've caught myself looking at trees and shrubs in the fall and thinking of corals.
Old 02/04/2007, 01:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes8017
Its Time to Call it Quites......

You slip a fellow reefer cash to buy your new equipment so it does not arrive at your house or show up on a credit card....

doh! no one would really do that!

When you are up at midnight Sat night surfing the local club forums
Old 02/04/2007, 08:58 AM
Moved On

Quote:
You slip a fellow reefer cash to buy your new equipment so it does not arrive at your house or show up on a credit card....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is how most of the stuff ended up in my fishroom!!!!
Old 02/04/2007, 09:20 AM
When Can I Upgrade

LOL... Great thread... here is one for the single people (buddies gave me crap about this last night)

Your watching a movie with your friends and a good looking girl walks by but you didn't notice because you were examining the tank in the background shot... (or you have to rewind because you completely miss what is happening in the story)
Old 02/04/2007, 10:39 AM
The one, The only

Quote:
Originally posted by Turf
LOL... Great thread... here is one for the single people (buddies gave me crap about this last night)

Your watching a movie with your friends and a good looking girl walks by but you didn't notice because you were examining the tank in the background shot... (or you have to rewind because you completely miss what is happening in the story)
wow..... that may be acctually time to call it quits.

priorities

"How do you guys drink that Natural?" - DPS
Old 02/04/2007, 10:43 AM
Send money....

It's infiltrating my work too. I work in a medical field. You read notes where a patient comes in and is getting an IV of LR (lactated ringers) and I think Live Rock. Another patient comes in complaining of a HA (headache), and I'm wondering why they're here for their Hair Algae. They check to see if he has a good RR (respiratory rate) and I'm thinking Reef Ready tank. I'm having abbreviation crossover. I get it with license plates too.
Old 02/04/2007, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

you trade in any fish you don't really care about(or anything the LFS will take)just to get enough to get the new piece of coral they have.
Old 02/04/2007, 01:05 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by breutus
you trade in any fish you don't really care about(or anything the LFS will take)just to get enough to get the new piece of coral they have.

I tried to trade in my dog for store credit at a LFS, they would not help me out.....

Old 02/04/2007, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

how about driving out of state just to attend a frag swap
Old 02/04/2007, 09:29 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by romydawg
how about driving out of state just to attend a frag swap

YIKES !!!!

I guess crossing 3 state lines makes it that much worse!!!!!

Were is the next RC Anonymous meeting?
Old 02/22/2007, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Not to bring back an old topic but...

I saw a weird spider that looked alot like a crab crawl across my basement floor last night and the first thought that ran through my head was, I hope that thing doesn't eat my zoo's
Old 02/22/2007, 02:12 PM
SEASL & MASNA BOD

GAH!! KILL IT KILL IT!!!

Get a piece of lumber and a big can of poison and go after it...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...ghlight=spider

"Great spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein