Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Saltwater Enthusiasts Association of St. Louis (SEASL)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/21/2007, 08:59 PM

Frag Fest 07

Road Trip Time

This is going to blow you away. FRAG FEST 07
As of this moment we have 37 donors
Nearly $5000 is raffle items
And this is with out counting the frags that will be donated

Here is the short list

Over $500 worth of Gift Certs to several vendors including Dr Smith and Foster, Dr Mac, Reef Science, Roe's Marine World, Air water Ice, Fraggle Reef, Reefer Madness, Frag Island, more and more and more

Auto top off prodcuts from aqua hub, Auto Top off and Blue line

Food from Liquid Life, Omega Sea, San Fransisco Bay, Two Little Fish, and more

Lighting from Blue Line, Gieseman, 150w Sunlight supply pendent, An ORBIT light from Current

More products from Nu Clear, Rowa Phos, Polyplab, Aquarium Design, Anthony Calfo, Oceans Blend, and so many more

WHO WANTS IMAC FOR FREE? COME WIN A PASS OR MACNA TICKETS FOR $75

Need flow??? Pumps, yes plural pumpS from Iwaki, penductors, Ocean Motion goods

AND WE ARE JUST GETTING STARTED THIS IS THE SORT LIST OF DONATIONS.

And they keep coming, another vendor just signed up, on a Sunday evening no less!
FRAG FEST 07
Old 01/21/2007, 09:11 PM
Moved On

Geeze........

Looks like another road trip!!!!!!
Old 01/21/2007, 09:51 PM
Moved On

I am co-sponsoring this event and it will be crazy!
Look at the stuff for raffles!
RobTop is a great coordinator!
You won't be disappointed! That is for sure!
Old 01/21/2007, 11:43 PM
reef obsessed

How far of a drive is it?
Old 01/22/2007, 12:40 AM
Keepin' It Real

4 hours approximately

Get it While It's Hot
Old 01/22/2007, 08:12 AM

4 hours that's nothing!
Between last night and this morning the raffle is now at 39 donors and OVER $5000 in prizes.
Lifereef will allow us to raffle of 3 coupons for 15% off your purchase. that is worth anywere from $25 to over $200 each!
Old 02/03/2007, 12:27 AM
Moved On

22 days away!!!!
Old 02/03/2007, 12:32 AM

22 days, gives me plenty of time to get more stuff to raffle off. We just added Hagen with a Fluvan 305 filter
Sea Swirl with a 1/2" device AND........
Aquarium Arts will be shipping some lucky winner

35 lbs of premium, hand picked, fully cured Figi live Rock, shipped overnight to your door. This is worth $350!!!!! WOW!!!
Old 02/03/2007, 09:46 AM
Moved On

Is anyone wanting to go up to this FragSwap? We drove down to the one is Nashville and had a great time. I am always up for a quick road trip.
Old 02/03/2007, 02:30 PM
kz skimmer rocks

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes8017
Is anyone wanting to go up to this FragSwap? We drove down to the one is Nashville and had a great time. I am always up for a quick road trip.
if i dont have my daughter i will go
Old 02/03/2007, 09:01 PM
Moved On

Here's the bigger picture!!!

This is going to blow you away.

As of this moment we have 37 donors
Nearly $5000 is raffle items
And this is with out counting the frags that will be donated

Here is the short list

Over $500 worth of Gift Certs to several vendors including Dr Smith and Foster, Dr Mac, Reef Science, Roe's Marine World, Air water Ice, Fraggle Reef, Reefer Madness, Frag Island, more and more and more

Auto top off products from aqua hub, Auto Top off and Blue line

Food from Liquid Life, Omega Sea, San Fransisco Bay, Two Little Fish, and more

Lighting from Blue Line, Gieseman, 150w Sunlight supply pendent, An ORBIT light from Current

More products from Nu Clear, Rowa Phos, Polyplab, Aquarium Design, Anthony Calfo, Oceans Blend, and so many more

WHO WANTS IMAC FOR FREE? COME WIN A PASS OR MACNA TICKETS FOR $75

Need flow??? Pumps, yes plural pumps from Iwaki, penductors, Ocean Motion goods

AND WE ARE JUST GETTING STARTED THIS IS THE SORT LIST OF DONATIONS.

This is going to be insane. The raffle keeps growing and growing. We will have products you cannot find anywhere else. Giesemann Lighting is giving us a Refluxx fixture. Sweet stuff here

We just added Hagen with a Fluval 305 filter
Sea Swirl with a 1/2" device AND........
Aquarium Arts will be shipping some lucky winner

35 lbs of premium, hand picked, fully cured Fiji live Rock, shipped overnight to your door. This is worth $350!!!!! WOW!!!

Fore more info click on...FRAG FEST

Guest Speaker Jake Adams

Jake's Bio: Jake Adams is a marine scientist who recently moved back to the Denver area until he returns to grad school. Jake has researched coral spawning in the Carribean, has presented at IMAC, and has published a series of Advanced Aquarist articles about the importance of water flow for corals. He is an avid coral photographer, he produces podcasts on various reef aquarium topics and he features most of his endeavours on his website www.coralite.net

Here is an abstract from Jake on his talk:
Aquarists often describe the water motion in their reef aquariums in terms of the rate of turnover. Since flow speed is the critical measure for determining the rate of gas exchange, turnover rate does little to convey the suitability of the available water motion. Just shy of trying to kick start a paradigm shift in how we think about water motion for the reef aquarium, my presentation will attempt to make junior oceanographers out of all the reefers who attend. I will present a handful of studies of coral ecology which demonstrate that water flow is more important than light. I will continue with a crash course on fluid dynamics and how it can help us understand how water moves and how water motion helps our corals to "breathe" better. I will conclude the presentation by presenting a few ways aquarists can get the most water motion out of their current equipment simply by applying some of the principles of fluid dynamics. Just as aquarium lighting has received a much attention in recent years, so too must we start to reconsider how the water movement of our aquariums translates into water motion which is relevant and suitable for coral health.
Old 02/06/2007, 10:37 PM

This is the link to were selleres will be listing what they are bringing. Currently there is a long list of what the raffle items. As the raffle continues to grow I will update it on this thread.

Looking forward to a huge event!
Old 02/12/2007, 09:13 PM
Premium Member

If anyone is still trying to decide whether to go to Rockford Frag Fest. There is a few updates to the Rockford Reefers web site you might want to take a look at.

If the $10,000 of raffle items isn't enough, then Grand Prize Raffle item just might put you over the "edge"