Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Coral & Livestock Trading
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/03/2005, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Fellow reefer hand out needed pls!!!

Hi fellow reefers:

Don't want to look like a beggar but I have five kids so anything will help. After having my own reef tank then giving it away I miss the hobby and wanted to jump back in. So I'd like to enlist your help.

I tried to buy some live rock on the internet but no one sells less then 25 lbs. I'm starting a 7 gallon Nano reef because the wife won't let me start a larger one.

So basically does anyone have a few pieces they can sell me I just need enough for my little 7 gallon, also need live sand if anyone can spare some. Again thank you for any help you can provide, God Bless and Happy New Year to all.

Pls. email max1@myself.com

Your fellow reefer,
Max Olivares
Orlando, FL.
Hurricane Ally.
Old 01/03/2005, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

you live in florida and can't find a LFS that sells by the pound

look harder

I still know nothing

Together
Everyone
Acheives
More
Old 01/03/2005, 07:54 PM
RC Mod

Check the Orlando club forum for deals on Live Rock.

Agu
Old 01/03/2005, 10:20 PM
Registered Member

I might be in orlando this weekend.If i am,i'll give you some small pieces of rock out of my 100gal. sump.The rocks from a tank i sold.Has nice color on it.How many pieces you need?I'll let you know later in the week if and when i'm headed up,or you can come get it and take your pick on small pieces.
Just trying to help a fellow reefer.
Thanks Paul
Old 01/04/2005, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

Thanks All !!!

I did find a local store but they want $10 per lb for LR with no color or life on it and it's the best saltwater store in the area. I just don't get it. Anyway $10 per lb is a little step for me right know, Paul thanks alot for your help I sent you a PM. Again thanks.
Old 01/04/2005, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

If you want to make the trip down here, let me know, and I'll take you around to the local guys. I just bought some southdown, and I'll sell it for $8 per 40 lb bag. It's not live, but that doesn't exactly take a long time anyway. Saturday afternoon and Sunday is best for me.
Old 01/08/2005, 12:57 AM
Ocean Freak

if you can come to Orlando you should stop by Sea in the City. he had one of the best rock i had in my tank, full of coraline and he sell by pound($7.5per lb)
without water" - Sylvia A. Farle, Project Director
Sustainable Seas Expedition

Kenny
Old 01/14/2005, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

cant you just get some off some deserted area of the beach ?
Old 02/13/2005, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Paul, I am in Orlando on the south side in Hunters Creek. I have sand and some rock that I can sell you cheap. Give me a PM or call me. Mike.
Old 02/14/2005, 09:57 AM
President emeritus, ORCA

If I were you, I'd make my own...Very cheap, very easy. And you can make custome pieces. It will become live rock after a little time in the tank with either live sand or live rock. It's called argocrete and garf shows you how to make it. So easy that everyone should be doing it.
Old 02/14/2005, 02:52 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Man, you can order nano packages from fosters and smith for under $10 a pound....